Life beyond bowel cancer

Crick26

Fab news

Well after being diagnosed on 19 June, a week before my 50th, and having the op on 25 July, I returned to hospital Thursday last week to see consultant to find out results of the cancer they removed.

It's all gone with the op and no chemo needed. I could have kissed my consultant.

Going forwards for the next 8 years there will be 3 monthly checks to start with then 6 monthly then annually with CT scans and a colonoscopy every year.

I feel very very lucky and to be honest a bit of a fraud being here as there are so many people not as lucky as me and going through a lot lot more.

However I'm going to use my gratefulness and spend time doing fundraising when and where I can to help those still fighting.

Thank you to everyone who welcomed me at the start of my, albeit brief, journey.

Donna

helena

Dear @Crick26 - its just fab to read good news and I'm so pleased for you. I hope you're going to celebrate in a suitable fashion. Hip hip hooray! Helena :x::x::x:

bettebette

Hello @Crick26 what great news! Very pleased for you. :x::x:

jj

Hello @Crick26 so glad that everything went well and surgery has got rid of the cancer and you need no further treatment. That’s really splendid news.
You can have belated 50th birthday celebrations in style. Double celebration. But give yourself time to recover from the surgery and stay well.
All the very very best
Regards

Lirio345

This is great news @Crick26, onwards and upwards now. Take very good care, Kim :x::x:

Polly 1

Just brilliant news :)

Gypsy

Wonderful to read your great news @Crick26 !! :x::x::x::x:

Lizalou

Great news @Crick26 . Look after yourself :x:

DianeS

So pleased to hear your news @Crick26, love D :x::x: