Stage 4 bowel cancer

Chelts

Sat waiting to be sentenced tomorrow

Well, after visiting the oncologist 2 weeks ago and discovering a new colony of rabbits on my liver which he said had grown to about 4cms in 3 months and some undefined greyness on my lung, which the radiologist said was an infection but my oncologist didn't agree, I had a PET and MRI scan last week.
MDT is today and tomorrow I get to hear the results of their deliberations and what the next steps are.

I'm expecting more chemo and ablation, but as oxaliplatin totally screwed my hands and feet last time with neuropathy, I don't think that will be an option.

Do I have any hope with a growth of that size so quickly? Can anyone give me hope that I am not a lost case?
I'm fully expecting to walk in tomorrow to be greeted by the onocologist and the grim reaper.

Elmac

Good luck today @Chelts - the farmer needs to get his shotgun out again and get rid of those rabbit warrens for good

charleyb

Lots of luck for the next steps @Chelts , hope they have come up with a good plan of attack!! :x::x:

ElaineG

Wishing you lots of luck for today - I will be thinking f you.
Elaine :x:

Gypsy

Thinking of you today @Chelts. I truly hope for better news. :x::x::x::x::x:

Chelts

So, I've got a fast growing tumour on quadrant 4 of my liver that is growing about 1 cm every fortnight. My lung 'thing' is not doing a lot so they're just going to monitor that. Whats most worrying is the new activity that the PET scan picked up in my pelvis. It looks like cancer but I need an MRI to confirm.
The plan is to attack it all with folfiri and cetuximab and be hopeful that as they appear to be fast growing tumours that the chemo will batter them to shreds, as it loves to attack fast growing cells.

I've been given few months survival if the chemo does not work or 18 months plus if it does.
I'm also looking at sourcing some cannabis oil.

Bear G

Hi @Chelts

I'm sorry to hear about this new activity and hopefully the MRI will show is as nothing significant. If it is active then your team are giving you a great regimen there, as you know FOLFIRI plus cetuximab is very effective.

Regarding their 'survival' estimates, please remember that these are educated guesses from them, I was given 18 months over 6 years ago! I use each estimate as a target to exceed.

Just wanted to check you'd discussed adding cannabis oil with your team, its always worth taking to them about it as it may affect your chemo or the support meds.

I'll be cheering you and your chemo on as you batter that cancer!!

Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

Chelts
Quote from @Bear G:
Hi @Chelts

I'm sorry to hear about this new activity and hopefully the MRI will show is as nothing significant. If it is active then your team are giving you a great regimen there, as you know FOLFIRI plus cetuximab is very effective.

Regarding their 'survival' estimates, please remember that these are educated guesses from them, I was given 18 months over 6 years ago! I use each estimate as a target to exceed.

Just wanted to check you'd discussed adding cannabis oil with your team, its always worth taking to them about it as it may affect your chemo or the support meds.

I'll be cheering you and your chemo on as you batter that cancer!!

Big hugs
Bear

Thanks Bear.
Mentioned the CBD to the onc. for precisely the reasons you state. His view was that CBD is unproven as a cure or in it's reaction with chemo so he could'nt say yes or no- its my choice!

stu

Hang in there . You sound a bit like my mum . However the chemo did just that and knocked them off the scan . Took a few years for all the disease to surface then clear for many .
Getting over a quick recurrence was hard but she got there .
I like the word “ implode “ hope that’s exactly what they do .
Stu

Lirio345

Go for it @Chelts. There are a good number of folk on here who have had a really good response to FOLFIRI and Cetuximab. Take very good care, Kim :x::x:

helena

Hi @Chelts - this sounds like very encouraging news and please ignore statistics - you're more than a statistic. I've read lots of positive news regarding CBD and every single adventure is deffo worth exploring. Onwards and upwards, Helena :x::x::x:

kas52

We all have some bad thoughts sometimes and waiting time is the worst thing.But there will be another day and will hopefully bring something positive. Please stay possitive.Send you a big hugxxxxx

Poppies

Hello @Chelts, you have been through so much, but I can see you are a strong person and the news seems encouraging, keep fighting! I have read people have had a good response and I have everything crossed for you. Px

Gypsy

Dear @Chelts- well here's to it knocking it for six and I totally think it will as others have said. :x::x:

lisa7

Thinking of you @Chelts . hold onto hope. Keep fighting. Hope that further treatment will kick its ass. Sending you best wishes :x::x:

GD62

Hello @Chelts good luck 😉 hugs :x::x::x:

charleyb

Tons of luck with chemo @Chelts , smash those stats!! :x::x::x::x:

cyclingjohnny

wishing you all the best@Chelts, good luck, you strike me as the type to defy any statistics,cheers john.:x::x:

Chelts

Thanks everyone for your supportive comments. I’m also thinking positive unlike the current Mrs Chelts who has not taken it very well.

DianeS

Hi @Chelts just wanted to add that I’m thinking of you too. My cells were poorly differentiated and I’ve always been in the ‘high risk’ of recurrence, and I do remember my oncologist saying that the aggressive cells react very well to chemo, and as @Bear G has said, look how amazingly well he is doing, along with others on the forum. Glad to hear you are staying positive, but I really do appreciate how our family must feel. Love to you, Diane :x:

1234annie

I asked my oncologist about CBD too @Chelts.... well the stronger version of cbd and she said she had no opinion and what I did in my spare time was up to me. I'm poorly diff too but mine is a slow grower. I'm pretty convinced the probiotics slow it down although that's just my personal opinion. My consultant did say to not change what I was doing as it was probably holding it back but who knows?! There is a lot of research going on about microbiome and gut bacteria. At my local hospital they are swabbing patients bowel to look at gut bacteria and healing. Be careful if u buy oil etc on line as there are scammers out there. @Sean has good knowledge on the subject. :x: :x: :x: