Stage 4 bowel cancer

Baxter2

Road trip to Glasgow today.....and another clear scan!

Just wanted to share my great news as I believe we all need to read a balance of cancer stories and perspectives on here.

I've just had my second clear scan and feel truly grateful. The plan is to crack on and continue chemo as before.

Sending love and best wishes to each and every one of you who have supported me over the years and especially those who are struggling at the moment.

Karen πŸ’šπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’œπŸ’›

Baxter2

Thank you both @lola14 and @bettebette

If you think you'd fancy it.....just do it! Amazing! Have been checking the tide times to plan my swims for next week! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Lots of love and light

Karen πŸ’›πŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’œπŸ’š

abergirl

Wow @Baxter2. What a girl you are..a total inspiration. I love reading your happy posts, long may they continue. 😊:x::x:

DMR700

Just seen this Karen! Well done!! You’re giving me hope πŸ™ŒπŸ»

Baxter2

Thank you both @abergirl ......Thank goodness for anti depressants I say! Possibly gives me the impetus to get on with life and do things I love! I have to admit, I do get down times too but they are thankfully very short and I seem to bounce back! Head in sand most of the time! I'm going to live forever right?!

@DMR700 hope for Ned Scan one day or wild swimming??

Lots of love to you both!

Karen πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›β€οΈ

kellyh15

@Baxter2 made my day reading this, how fantastic :x::x::x::x::x:

justhope

Fantastic, you look so exhilarated @Baxter2 :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you both @kellyh15 and @justhope! It honestly was exhilarating! Loved every minute and doing it again on Sat at high tide!

There's are loads of Fb groups all over the country and swimming is for all abilities! I'm a comfortable and confident swimmer but would only go in on calm days and swim not too far and parallel to the shore! πŸŠπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸŠπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Sea temps up this was are between 7 in winter to 14 in summer so not a huge difference really ! Anyone thinking or frying do it once and see what t younghink.m preferably in the next couple of weeks! :x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x:

DMR700

@Baxter2 NED scan! But swimming sounds very adventurous too!! :x::x:

Ninatoo

Wow, you're certainly enjoying yourself @Baxter2 !! I can't wait until I get my energy back so I can do the things that I love again...you're an inspiration!

Baxter2

Thanks both @DMR700 and @Ninatoo

Give it a bash Dani.....there's sure to be groups in your area, just google! Maybe that's a challenge for when you're NED too! πŸ€žπŸ˜‰

It'll come ninatoo, I've been there too and for many months! I do actually feel more well and fitter than I've felt throughout all this cancer malarkey! πŸ˜œπŸ˜‰

Keep on keeping on!!

Lots of love

Karen πŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’š

bizzy bea

Well done @Baxter2! Made me shiver though as I look out at the pouring rain and the trees blowing about . Good luck on Sunday. So sorry I can't join you :x:

Baxter2

Ahhhh, thanks @bizzy bea!

I see you're just up the road from me!! If you ever fancy joining me for a swim please just shout! I'm going in again at high tide Sat about 4pm with another newbie and hopefully some of the Baywatch Burntisland Group! ! πŸ₯Ά

Lots of love

Karen πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’œ

Lizalou

Inspiring @Baxter2 I feel very guilty now, going regularly to the beach here in Kent where it is so much warmer, to walk the dog, but I've never, ever swum. But Dog loves it.

Baxter2

You're right @Lizalou, the sea is definitely warmer down south!! When I was in on Tuesday my mums lab came in too for a swim beside me! If you like swimming and fancy a go, google wild swimming and you'll ,be sure to find loads of Fb groups in your area! I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not but having thought about it for months, I knew I wanted to give it a try and loved it! Think about it! πŸ˜‰

Lots of love

Karen πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’›

Jane39

@Baxter2 Thats is fabulous news Karen - so pleased for you - another holiday !? :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Ahh, thanks you @Jane39

We would have gone away in September but Ross has developed a hip problem so he's having a drill thingy type of op in next few weeks then perhaps a hip replacement if things don't settle. It'll be reviewed and decided in 2 months so holidays on hold for now!

How are you doing? Any further forward with PIP and pension??

Lots of love

Karen πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’™β€οΈ

Mistyalpine

Hi Karen, Ive just stopped into the site, and to see this wonderful news has made me smile a lot... Its just so good, and positive... You must be so very pleased... :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Aww, thanks so much @Mistyalpine! I hope your well and still loving life in France?

Lots of love

Karen πŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’š

determinedjoan

Congratulations @Baxter2 ; thrilled for u & encouraged. Thx 4 sharing positive news :x:

lorraine grant

Brilliant news. How good is that. Onwards and upwards πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘