Stage 4 bowel cancer

GD62

Appointment for Christies regarding recurring cancer

Hello all received an appointment for 10th September with surgeon regarding recurring cancer. No more information so don’t know anything more about a treatment plan or possible surgery. I’m glad having an appointment date but surprise they have not just written to oncologist to say start chemotherapy. My plan is to continue with Professor Angus Dalglish’s LDN and CBD alternate two days on off cancer plan on private prescription with high potency vitamin d3 and alpha lipoic acid as adjuvant therapy until I get my instructions from the MDT, but very curious about the plan if any? Positive healing hugs :x::x::x::x:

Lirio345

Thanks for the update @GD62; unfortunately it sounds as if that over used quality of patience is needed! Take very good care, Kim :x::x:

Gypsy

Wishing you all the best dear @GD62. I think your plan is a good one.:x::x::x::x:

Artizanne

Hi @GD62 Hope you had a lovely time in Scotland. I'm pleased to hear you've received your appointment anyway. Take good care of yourself between now and then. I'll keep the prayers ascending for you. God bless. :x::x:

Bear G

Hi @GD62

It’s difficult to second guess the rationale behind appointments and trying to second guess why you’re going to see your surgeon rather than your oncologist. As you know, you’re being cared for at one of the worlds leading cancer centres and that your MDT souls be talking to one another and making decisions as a team.

Is there anyone you can call to ask?

Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

GD62

Hello @Lirio345 @Gypsy @Artizanne @Bear G

Thanks for your replies ! As you say, it's difficult to predict what's going on at an appointment at Christies.Suffice to say. I'm just going to wait for the date and carry on regardless and just trust their expertise and professionalism.

Hope for the best, positive healing, hugs :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Hi @GD62

Waiting, wondering and worrying are all difficult to do in the cancer world! I think the positive here is that the 10th isn't too far away so you'll soon find out what the suggested plan is. Up until then, it's just the same old advice.....keep busy and distracted i guess? All much easier said than done of course!

Sending a big hug Gerry,

Karen 💛💚❤️💙💜

GD62

Hello @Baxter2 Karen

Thanks! To be very honest, it's just two weeks and apart from that I am feeling generally well. I'm taking the LDN and CBD oil and that makes me feel as though I am doing something. I am concerned, curious but not panicking and just hope that Christie's can come up with a good plan, fingers crossed, as I said before I have dealt with letters from other patient's from consultants and was surprised they just didn't send a letter to my oncologist in Blackpool to start on chemotherapy stat.

Anyway, I'm in Manchester tonight, and my nephew is visiting us next week and I'm doing some locum work in a GP practice right up to my Christie's appointment. So, I'm putting some of that cash towards a holiday in Spain in October all being well, but will depend if Christie's may fillet me. I don't know.

Lots of love to you Karen, hugs :x::x::x:

terri m

Good luck for the 10th @GD62 .. Hope christie's meeting is a promising one😘👍 have a nice evening in Manchester. And hope you manage to book a good deal to spain... 🏖️🛩️ :x::x::x:

GD62

Hi @terri m had a lovely night out in Manchester thanks, fingers crossed for the rest hugs :x::x::x:

jj

@GD62 yes it’s good you have got a date not too far away, and at the same time you have made a plan for yourself to carry on as normal as you can till the appointment. Here’s praying and hoping that the outcome at the appointment will be a positive one
Regards

GD62

Hi @jj

Thanks, I'm busy, ordering a skip to clear garage tomorrow, multiple trips to local recycling centre with cardboard and trash, in work a couple of days, nephew coming to stay. So enjoyably busy and fingers and toes crossed..... :)

positive healing :)

kas52

Think about the best from appointment...better to have them because they can help u there.I always think it's better that they interested in you than sit at home and worry .Hope it will be promising and enjoy nephew visit.Big hugsxxx