Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

vivs

Para aortic lymph

Hallo
Feel under qualified to write in this space but here goes .... have outlined my dear hubby robs story so far in my profile ...
Briefly , back in sep he had sudden constipation then a large piece of his sigmoid colon removed.
Unfortunately it had spread to his lung and a large area of his para aortic lymph .... this seems quite unusual.... any one else suffering with that area ??
Still feel we are very early days and His recent scans ( after 6 folfox and panitumumab) have shown some shrinkage in the lungs and lymph’s but I’m still feeling very worried of course about his future pathway
G2 T3 N1 M1
We Started off with an horrendous oncologist , very blunt and cruel ...,but have a much kinder team now thank goodness
Would really like this para aortic cut out in the future but we have been told it’s too involved with the main aortic artery .
Anyone else in a similar position out there ???
Been posting a little on friends and family and it’s been so good to share when I have felt extremely frightened and tearful
Such a good bunch of fellow sufferers you are out there ... thankyou for your kindness
Nobody deserves this horror
Vivs :x::x::x:

HH79

Hi at @vivs google SABR radiotherapy first Para aortic Lymphs - Oxford do this or Cyberknife at the Marsden.. good luck :x::x::x::x::x:

Jaap

Hi @vivs. Chemo took out my mother's para aortic lymph node involvement. 👍

vivs

it seems only 2% of bowel cancers sit in that area ....
Hoping For more good shrinkage
A long path ahead for us
Thank you for your replies :x::x::x:

HH79

I would think it’s higher @vivs but also if you looked at treatment for any inoperable lymphs areas, PALNs will have similar options like SABR or Cyberknife. ‘Bowelbabe’ Deb James had inoperable hepatic vein area have good response to Cyber and others have for lymphs too. Mine too scattered so I have ongoing maintenance chemo and been NED last couple of years. Comes back when had 4m off chemo but I won’t take breaks like that again! Good luck :x::x::x:

vivs

yes think robs is scattered too , maintenance may be robs pathway ... scary stuff
Thank you for replying
Sending positive vibes for us and everyone on this forum
Vivsxxx

Nats53

Hi @vivs not been on here very long - recent diagnosis- but just want to wish you and your husband positive vibes :x::x:

vivs

Fingers and absolutely everything crossed for you too nats
Vivxxx