Stage 4 bowel cancer

tunc1982

Round 3 Smashed!

Got disconnected from my pump yesterday, and I feel great today! I keep banging on about the colonic stent I had last week changing my life, but it made me stronger which in turn meant I tolerated chemo round 3 so much better. I let my body rest completely, made sure I ate small, manageable portions of food and it paid off! I got disconnected then was so hungry ended up getting a jumbo sausage and chips from the chippy on the way home! Bit naughty but who cares! And to add to my good mood, my sister has arranged a group of people to run the Bristol 10k in May in my behalf, raising money for Bowel Cancer UK! Over 40 have signed up to take part and in just 24 hours my family and friends have donated over Β£1,000!!!! Really feel positive today! Let's carry on smashing this fellow warriors!! Hope you all have a lovely weekend x x Zoe :x: :x:

Lirio345

Wow, this is a lovely uplifting post @tunc1982, fantastic that you feel so much stronger and brilliant news about the Bristol 10k! Onwards and upwards, Kim :x::x:

tunc1982
Quote from @Lirio345:
Wow, this is a lovely uplifting post @tunc1982, fantastic that you feel so much stronger and brilliant news about the Bristol 10k! Onwards and upwards, Kim

Onwards and upwards, absolutely! :x: :x:

Gypsy

Brilliant @tunc!! Yay, onwards and upwards!! :x::x:

1234annie

Well done hun. My little win for today was starting couch to 5k. I was a tiny bit worried about having a heart attack but I survived πŸ˜‰ yay!! :x: :x:

tunc1982
Quote from @1234annie:
Well done hun. My little win for today was starting couch to 5k. I was a tiny bit worried about having a heart attack but I survived πŸ˜‰ yay!!

Oh well done!! I am tempted to try and get a few Kettlebell swings in on my good days. Really feeling so much stronger but our bodies don't always perform the way our heads think they will! :x: :x:

kas52

Well done😁😁

GD62

marvellous @tunc1892 good luck hugs :x::x:

Baxter2

What a lovely post to read @tunc1982

Keep on keeping on! You're doing great!

Lots of love

Karen πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’š

greyhound gal

Sounding good @tunc1982 πŸ˜€, I’m sure the sausage and chips did you the power of good!
And well done to your sister πŸ₯‡
:x::x:

tunc1982
Quote from @greyhound gal:
Sounding good @tunc1982 πŸ˜€, I’m sure the sausage and chips did you the power of good!
And well done to your sister πŸ₯‡

Oh the sausage and chips were heavenly!! Despite being naughty! I'm at a point where I can finally start putting weight back on, I lost almost 4 stone due to not being able to eat from pain and nausea. I really feel the stronger physically I am the better I deal with chemo! So for now I'm eating whatever my hungry body fancies 😁😁

Clancy

@tunc1982, yes I am a firm believer in fuelling the body. It has to work twice as hard now to help us to be able to cope with everyday life. Brilliant about the 10k what a lovely gesture. Hope you continue to regain your weight and strength. Good luck.:x::x:

tunc1982
Quote from @Clancy:
@tunc1982, yes I am a firm believer in fuelling the body. It has to work twice as hard now to help us to be able to cope with everyday life. Brilliant about the 10k what a lovely gesture. Hope you continue to regain your weight and strength. Good luck.

Thank you :x: :x: