Stage 4 bowel cancer

Bala in London

Lymph nodes biopsy not necessary so why they are wasting time?

Dear All ... not sure if this is a good news? I had an apt for lymph node biopsy today at Homerton. Went there Radiologist saw me did the drill checked both arm pits and said there isn’t anything . Phew I asked what you mean? He said lymph node too small to do biopsy and can’t be cancerous. Well I guess he knows what he was doing ... I asked him to check left arm pit and he did that too he said nope nothing. I asked him why did it show in PET scan big lymph nodes? He said it can happen if you took antibiotics or any medication . Well I said please let the team know so I can see oncologist and get on with bloody Chemo . Who knows what next cuz I don’t trust this b.... cancer.

Gypsy

Hi, it does sound like good news to me @Bala in London . I hope that you are soon at oncology and into treatment. Hopefully you will let us know. Very good luck with it all.:x:

Bear G

Hi @Bala in London
It does indeed sound like good news!
Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

Bala in London

Thank you Steve and Gypsy. So was it just waste of time? I could have been on chemo last week then? :x::x:

Bear G

That’s a conversation with your docs @Bala in London , it depends what the PET showed, you could’ve had enlarged nodes at the time.

Bala in London

Thanks Steve - I don’t trust what they are doing I think and they are playing with lives here - is there a way to discipline them on the grounds of negligence? Or am I sounding too harsh? My consultant And using palliative word in his first consultation really shocked me ( how can you assume without knowing what the results are) and the trauma I gone through . My CNS nurse was also shocked about the palliative word he used in his consultation.How can I trust this surgeon? No way I would let him touch my stomach to do the surgery .. any help or advise will be grateful thanks

Bear G

Hi @Bala in London
There is a formal process for complaints in the NHS called PALS That you could consider. I would suggest not doing this for the time being, rather to focus on you and your health.
As we’ve also discussed you could also look at a second opinion as you’ve lost confidence in your team.
Big hugs
Bear

Bala in London

You are right Steve, I am going to see Dr Wasan if he accepts me as a private patient after seeing my file. His PA booked me on 3rd Feb :x::x:

Bear G

👍

GD62

hello @Bala in London hope you have it resolved :)