What do you think of the forum?
Take part in our survey and let us know your views.

Stage 4 bowel cancer

helena

Another chemo postponed........

Today's chemo (no 37) has been postponed for another week because I have a whopping cold sore and the tail end of this blooming everlasting cough. The nurse thought I looked very tired and run down, which I probably am, and she went off to speak to my oncologist who thought it best to cancel todays chemo until next week. Its thrown me into a bit of a turmoil but I suppose I just better settle my tail feathers at home for a while and get myself strong again. :x::x::x:

Baxter2

I completely get that @helena! When this happened to me way back at the start of 2016, I just burst into tears! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Use the time wisely to chillax and get chemo ready! πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

Loads of love,

Karen πŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’š

Clancy

@helena, as everyone says, rest up, eat good food, and nurture yourself. I am sorry to hear of your chemo postponement. It happens to me when my skin flares up. I don’t really like recommending supplements, but I have been drinking bone broth for about a month, the chemo gang said it was ok. I do feel as if I have a bit more oomph, and yes it tastes......different. Sending hugs.:x::x:

GD62

Hi @helena recuperate and recover, relax , you'll be right soon hugs and positive healing :x::x::x:

TeaBag

Hi @helena so sorry to hear you are feeling a bit under the weather. Like you I didn’t know cold sores were a chemo thing!!!
As you say we are learning all the time.
Rest and read a good book or watch Netflix and get yourself fighting fit. πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ
I just finished chemo no 34 last Friday so I’m catching up with you. We are in this together my chemo buddy. Sending you so much love and hugs and positive energy. πŸ’•πŸ’œπŸ’•πŸ’œπŸ’•πŸ’œπŸ’•.
Oh yeah and it’s snowing in Ireland β„οΈβ˜ƒοΈπŸŒ¨πŸŒ©β›„οΈ

helena

Thanks @TeaBag @GD62 and @Clancy for your words of encouragement, some r&r is on the cards.
I think I might have mis-calculated the number of chemos @TeaBag as I'm sure we've pretty much had exactly the same numbers of sessions :x::x::x::x:

TeaBag

Hi @helena we sure are on the same paths!!! Would you believe I have a cough and headache now as well, I think I may be going out in sympathy with you πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

mem

I’m sorry to hear this @helena. Just you get tucked up and I hope things improve ready for the next sessionπŸ’ͺ🏻. Lots of love your way 😘 :x::x::x::x::x:

helena

Aaaaaw, thanks @TeaBag and @mem
I'm having a lazy day today with a cozy fire on and layers of clothes and trying to eat healthily so I should be all guns blazing for next weeks chemo. I wish I could call it 'medicine' as I guess that's what it really is...... the word 'chemo' sounds quite scary. We're all in the same boat though πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’•πŸ’•
I hope your cough and headache don't amount to anything worse @TeaBag and if it does, please phone the helpline straight away :x::x::x:

Lucy1234

I feel your frustration - my last chemo was delayed too because of an every lasting sore throat and chesty cough. Still have it but cracking on tomorrow, probably to my detriment but I also used the last week to eat, walk, and nourish my body. Moringa is a good one if you can get hold of any powder to add to smoothies. I was making ice lollies with it, aloe Vera and berries, so it didn’t feel like such a chore.
Hope you feel better and rested very soon :x::x:

bettebette

Hello @helena hope you are feeling better today :x::x::x:

helena

Thanks so much @Lucy1234, handy tip about moringa and I'll see if I can get some from my local health shop. Fingers crossed that you get your chemo today 🀞
@bettebette, thanks and I'm feeling a good bit better today πŸ‘πŸ˜˜

judith

@helena just wanted to add Iv not had chemo last time and I’m so glad Iv had a couple of weeks to recovery from chest infection that had me neutropenia and in hospital I have just had my bloods back and all back to normal
Just relax have some duvet days it willMake you feel
Much better best wishes :x::x::x:

helena

Thanks @judith and sorry to hear you've been in hospital, I really hope you're feeling better now? :x::x::x:

Poppies

Hi @helena sorry to hear about the delay, we just want to get on with it don't we!
I hope the cold sore and cough are subsiding and you are getting your strength back ready for the next round! Px

helena

Thank you @Poppies :x::x::x::x:

Carrie

Hope you feel better soon @helena. Rest up and self care. You'll get there. C.:x:

helena

Thanks @Carrie - sometimes it feels like you step off the Roller-coaster for a moment and you're straight onto walking a tightrope trying to balance. Heck of a learning curve all of this is, isn't it.
@Clancy can I ask you where you got your recipe for broth? I think my body is craving food like that just now. :x::x::x::x:

Clancy

@helena lol I bought mine off the internet, it comes in paste form, I am no domestic goddess these days. I scoured Amazon and bought BEST OF THE BONE Bone broth concentrate with turmeric and black pepper 350gms. Some buy it in powder form but I prefer this brand. :x::x:

helena

Okaydokay thanks @Clancy I'll get onto Amazon and order some. I tried just making some with an oxo cube today which I suppose isn't the healthiest... I'll let you know how I get on :x::x::x::x:

helena

Thanks @Clancy I've just ordered it, it's bound to taste better than an oxo cube πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜‹πŸ’•