Life with bowel cancer

Baxter2

Edinburgh meet up in April -CANCELLED

Update on 16 March by @Richard Staff (Support and Information): We have taken the difficult decision to cancel this event due to the ongoing coronavirus situation.

Just thought I'd remind anyone who is within easy travelling distance of the proposed meet up in Edinburgh.

It's on DELETED. I've got it in my diary and hope to see a good few of you there!

I'm just tagging those who have attended previous informal Edinburgh meet ups @Gypsy @helena @Lirio345 @DMR700 @AMM31 @mikey83 @Calleyh. Please feel free to tag others who you may think are interested.

Lots of love

Karen πŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’šβ€οΈπŸ’œ

Lirio345

Hi @ Baxter2 I am intending to join you all, - any excuse for a city break and to meet up with people again πŸ˜€, Kim :x::x:

Paul C

Hi @Baxter2, I’m keeping well thanks - waiting on an MRI follow meeting with the surgeons....hopefully they can now get cutting! Hope you are keeping well, will be nice to catch up on the 25th, Love Paul :x:

Baxter2

@Lirio345 Fantastic news Kim (I know we've already shared out-with the forum of course!!)well,have a lovely weekend of it I'm sure!

@Paul C ahh, and anxious wait no doubt but I'll have everything crossed for good news! See you on the 25th ......unless you're recovering from surgery of course! 🀞🀞🀞

Love to you both

Karen πŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’›β€οΈπŸ’™

Tinkletot

Oooo id love to...maybe the next one ill b fit !! :x:

GD62

all being well will try to attend hugs :x::x::x:

rebecca1234

I wish I could make it - hopefully there’ll be a northern UK meet at some point too! Would be lovely to meet you all :x:

Baxter2

Oh @Tinkletot I know you have a lot on at the moment but hope to see you at next one. We have arranged other Edinburgh meet ups too so look out for them!

@GD62 I'd love you to be there! I think one or two are intending to stay over and making a city break out of it! 🀞🀞🀞

@rebecca1234 There are a few meet ups arranged and in the pipeline. Check the right hand column on the website in case there's one near you?

Lots of love to you all

Karen πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’œ

mem

I’ll definitely be at the Harrogate one @rebecca1234 if you fancy ☺️? So tempted with Edinburgh too @Baxter2. Just trying to sweet talk my hubby into another cheeky break. Watch this space πŸ˜‰:x::x::x::x:

Baxter2

Awww, that would be awesome @mem! I'm certain you'll be a very effective sweet talker! Go for it! The more the merrier! There will be a cheeky wee pre meet up meet up for lunch somewhere too!

Keep us posted!

Lots of love

Karen πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’œ

rebecca1234

Oooh @mem if I can get to the Harrogate one I will! :x::x:

mem

It’s working @Baxter2 πŸ˜€! Watch this space🀞🏼! Do you know if partners are ok to come along too? :x::x:

It would be lovely if you could make the Hgt one @rebecca1234 and it would be really lovely to meet you too! :x::x:

Baxter2

Oh brilliant news @mem!

Yes it says people with and affected by cancer and to bring a loved one if you like! :x::x::x::x::x::x:

mem

Ok, thankyou, Karen (@Baxter2) 😘 :x::x::x::x:

rebecca1234

And you too, superstar lady! XX

Quote from @mem:
It’s working @Baxter2 πŸ˜€! Watch this space🀞🏼! Do you know if partners are ok to come along too?

It would be lovely if you could make the Hgt one @rebecca1234 and it would be really lovely to meet you too!

brighty08

Hi there. Have mentioned this to my hubby but will probably have to see nearer the time if we can make it. He’s currently on fortnightly chemo. Would be good though!

Does anyone know if we could register the week before? :x:

Baxter2

Hi @brighty08 It would be so lovely to meet you both! At least being on a Saturday it should avoid our chemo days! I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem to register the week before. @Claire Staff (Services) can you advise?

Hope you make it!

Karen πŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’š

Claire Staff (Services)
Quote from @Baxter2:
Hi @brighty08 It would be so lovely to meet you both! At least being on a Saturday it should avoid our chemo days! I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem to register the week before. @Claire Staff (Services) can you advise?

Hope you make it!

Karen πŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’š

Hi Karen and @brighty08 , great to hear from you. We don't have a closing date for registration, but I would suggest registering sooner as we have limited spaces at the event. If you are unable to make it along we'd totally understand. Once registered we will keep in touch. I do hope that you'll be able to join us. I hope this helps and please do let me know if you have any other questions. Very best wishes, Claire

Highkaren

Sorry im going to miss this again but it’s my birthday on the 25th . Have a great time though :x::x:

Richard Staff (Support and Information)

Hello everyone

We've had to take the difficult decision to cancel this event due to the ongoing coronavirus situation. I'm sure you're as disappointed as we are, but everyone's health and wellbeing is our priority at this time.

Best wishes

Richard

Claire Staff (Services)

Hello everyone,

As Richard says we are very sorry to let you know that we've taken the difficult decision to cancel our upcoming Meet Together event due to take place on Saturday 25 April in Edinburgh.

Please be assured that the health and wellbeing of our supporters is our absolute priority. Our Meet Together events are a key part of support services and we will try to reschedule a later date. We’re monitoring and following government guidance and will let you know as soon as we have made a decision about any future events.

We know you may feel anxious and worried about coronavirus. We’ve worked with the One Cancer Voice group of 19 cancer charities to produce advice on coronavirus for people with cancer. This advice will be updated as and when more information becomes available. Please see: www.bowelcanceruk.org.uk/news-and-blogs/coronavirus-faqs

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or feedback.