General discussion

cyclingjohnny

cycling challenge to raise money for bowelcanceruk. COMPLETED donation page open for few more days.

hi to all you wonderful forumites,as you might have guessed; I have been a keen cyclist on and off for most of my life, I had my APR op nine months ago on 26 October and wow did it totally mess me up(physically and mentally) but on Christmas day I sat my re-engineered backside on my saddle and cycled for about ten minutes, I then set myself a target of doing the Manchester to Blackpool charity cycle ride on 5 July,so you can imagine my frustration when Covid gathered pace and all mass gatherings were cancelled, the ride may go ahead in late September,anyway myself and two other guys at work (yes they are both called John as well) have decided to go ahead and do the ride on the day it should have been on,this will be the furthest I have ridden for about four years and I am a different man now to what I was then, but I love a challenge,we have only just started to work out how difficult this will be as the route will not be signposted as it would have been, no water stations, so we will have to carry about four litre's of water each, and there will be no mechanics around so we will have to take tools in case of anything breaking down,all adds to fun,we are hoping to be leaving old Trafford football stadium at seven o clock on Sunday the fifth of July, just hoping that we can raise some money for the bowelcancer site, so for anyone that can spare a few quid if you type Justgiving.com in your search engine,click on search icon and type in the three johns cycling challenge you can donate there,wish us luck and support the charity, take care cheers john. :x::x:

Lirio345

Brilliant, very well done, Kim :x::x:

Jane39

@cyclingjohnny What a great achievement and in all the weather ! Hope you are relaxing today ! :x::x::x:

vivs

Well done guys ! A few well earned beers and 3 soft cushions to sit on !
Vivsxxx

cyclingjohnny

Hey guys never expected to be at this sum, let's keep it going to fund the forum,www just giving.com/fundraising/John-parkinson8 cheers John.x

Calleyh

@cyclingjohnny You need to correct the link. It has to be exact and you’ve got spaces and a capital letter where there shouldn’t be one.

....and were you trying to blend in with the wall?

cyclingjohnny

www just giving.com/fundraising/John-parkinson8 hope that's right @Calleyh

Calleyh

Needs a dot after www and there’s no spaces after that. Also you have a capital J in your name. Just look back to the correct one and type it exactly as shown. You’re better at cycling than IT!

Calleyh

I’ve just clicked the link and it directs to the right place.....so go back to rest on the sofa and stroke the cat! I’ve done it for you.

cyclingjohnny

I know I can't afford you but I need a PA.:x::x::x:

Calleyh

Dream on!

cyclingjohnny

hi guys, I know you are probably sick of seeing my name (I am too) just wanted to say that I have been very humbled and completely blown away by how much we have raised, when I set the target at £850 I really didn't expect to reach it, but on and off the forum the generosity of money and messages have actually made me very emotional,and because the money still keeps coming in I have decided to leave the donating page open for a few more days, I am sure you guys must be aware that because of Covid all charities have been starved of money ,so every pound extra that we can raise for bowelcanceruk will help to fund our fantastic forum, sorry if you are fed up of me, but this forum is such a help and a lifeline to people it has become a bit of a passion for me , take care cheers john. www,justgiving.com/fundraising/john-parkinson8 THANKS. :x::x:

cyclingjohnny

@Calleyh you can be quite cutting regarding blending in to the wall in the photo, it's a good job that we are good friends, :x::x::x:

strongsami

Just wanted to say well done and you are amazing!!!!! :) :x::x::x:

cyclingjohnny

thanks@strongsami I would hardly say I was amazing, there are far more amazing people on here, just wanted to thank all that have donated and anyone who maybe might still donate, tomorrow will be the last day as I am closing the page down first thing on Saturday morning, thanks John. :x::x: