General discussion

Afraidboy

Liver scan tomorrow

I don't mind scans but everytime I go to one I'm either puking up because of the dye or when I have a liver scan I get dead arms.

Do you think I can ask them tomorrow if I can have my arms side of my stomach rather than having it up on the air for one hour?

Aidy 15 03

my arms are down my sides & they scan al of my liver, goog luck 🤞

louise28

Is it an MRI? I think that's what they use to get a closer pic of liver when planning for surgery. If so, I don't think you need the drink (unless i'm wrong!) :x:

terri m

Good luck tomorrow with your scan @Afraidboy .. I would definitely ask if you can have your arms besidr yiu during scan. If that whst makes you feel more comfortable... If you dint adk you dont get 👍💝 :x::x::x:

angelj

Will be thinking of you tomorrow hope it goes well @Afraidboy :x::x:

lottielou

I had a liver MRI today and it was hands by my side and then strapped in! Hands always go numb so just have to remember to wiggle your fingers @Afraidboy

cyclingjohnny

good luck for tomorrow@Afraidboy cheers john.

Ninatoo

I have really bad shoulders but all I've been offered is an extra wedged cushion under my head so the hands can rest on it. It helps for a little while.

cant believe it

Good luck with your scan today hope it all goes well :x:

Afraidboy
Quote from @Lauralou9:
Definately worth asking. It might depend on what area of the liver they are looking at but I have always had my arms down by my side for my liver MRI. Good luck for tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞❤❤L

Thank you :x:

Afraidboy
Quote from @louise28:
Is it an MRI? I think that's what they use to get a closer pic of liver when planning for surgery. If so, I don't think you need the drink (unless i'm wrong!)

Hi. I think it's MRI one but on letter says don't drink for four hours :( , I'm sure I drank last time :x:

Afraidboy
Quote from @terri m:
Good luck tomorrow with your scan @Afraidboy .. I would definitely ask if you can have your arms besidr yiu during scan. If that whst makes you feel more comfortable... If you dint adk you dont get 👍💝

Thank you :x: :x:

Afraidboy

Thanks to everyone for all lovely comments. I did start to say thanks to all but it got confusing so I will say thanks to everyone of you. Love to you all :x: :x:

Gypsy

Thinking of you @Afraidboy. Love and hugs, Gypsyx

Afraidboy

Had my scan done. Wouldn't let me have my arms around my side. But it wasn't a full hour. So tomorrow is chemo at hospital and then Monday is attending Kings. Thanks to everyone love to you all :x:

bettebette

Well done @Afraidboy, best wishes for tomorrow and for Kings appointment :x::x:

Afraidboy
Quote from @bettebette:
Well done @Afraidboy, best wishes for tomorrow and for Kings appointment

Jane39

@Afraidboy
Your busy week continues! Good luck with chemo tomorrow and for your appointment on Monday , Take care , Jane :x::x:

Afraidboy
Quote from @Jane39:
@Afraidboy
Your busy week continues! Good luck with chemo tomorrow and for your appointment on Monday , Take care , Jane

Afraidboy
Quote from @bettebette:
Well done @Afraidboy, best wishes for tomorrow and for Kings appointment

Thank you. Just want to get it out the way now lol :x: