General discussion

Afraidboy

Kings Hospital appointment today.

Not sure what the surgeon is going to say but I'm hoping things will start to move forward now. Has anyone had their first meeting about their liver surgery what they talk about first? How long normally does it take for surgery once seen the surgeon? Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Afraidboy

Thank you all. Love to everyone of you. You all so great :x:

cant believe it

Wonderful news so pleased for you :x::x:

Afraidboy

Thank you :x:

Lucy1234

Wow this is fantastic !! Get the feckers out!! So pleased for you :x::x:

terri m

lovely news @Afraidboy .👍😘. :x::x:

annie50C

Fantastic news @Afraidboy so happy for you ! Xxxx Annie :x::x:

Afraidboy

Thank you everyone :) :x:

Afraidboy

Telephone assessment from Kings next Thursday 16 July. Think this is by the nurse. Anyone knows what will happen and how long after?

Winnershgal

@Afraidboy - sorry I do not know what happens next as I am in chemo stage before more ops! Just wish you all the best and to let you know I am sending positive vibes for you :x::x:

Afraidboy
Quote from @Winnershgal:
@Afraidboy - sorry I do not know what happens next as I am in chemo stage before more ops! Just wish you all the best and to let you know I am sending positive vibes for you

Aidy 15 03

Hi @Afraidboy , I was put on 8 week break from chemo before operation date ?

Afraidboy
Quote from @Aidy 15 03:
Hi @Afraidboy , I was put on 8 week break from chemo before operation date ?

OH they want me in quick so confused

Aloysius

I'm really pleased your surgery is going ahead. Hooray! I had just three weeks between my 6 weeks after radio scan and the surgery date. It felt really quick!! Good luck!

Afraidboy

Silly question I know but does anyone know when I'm stuck at the hospital after a few days, am I allowed to go out for a quick vape? It's the only thing that keeps me insane lol :x:

Afraidboy
Quote from @Aloysius:
I'm really pleased your surgery is going ahead. Hooray! I had just three weeks between my 6 weeks after radio scan and the surgery date. It felt really quick!! Good luck!

Lauralou9
Quote from @Afraidboy:
Silly question I know but does anyone know when I'm stuck at the hospital after a few days, am I allowed to go out for a quick vape? It's the only thing that keeps me insane lol

I think that will depend on how quickly you are able to get up and about and also how far you are from an outside area. At Basingstoke it was quite a trek from the ward to any open area and walking wise it took me a good couple of days to walk any distance (also I had a drain, catheter and central line which stopped me going very far - this was all removed by day 2 though)

Have a chat with the nurses when you get there. I'm sure they will be able to help you out and give the best advice!

❤❤L

Afraidboy
Quote from @Lauralou9:
I think that will depend on how quickly you are able to get up and about and also how far you are from an outside area. At Basingstoke it was quite a trek from the ward to any open area and walking wise it took me a good couple of days to walk any distance (also I had a drain, catheter and central line which stopped me going very far - this was all removed by day 2 though)

Have a chat with the nurses when you get there. I'm sure they will be able to help you out and give the best advice!

❤❤L

Your a star thanks so much :x:

Lauren59

Hi @Afraidboy. I was in for a week for APR, first 2 in ICU so didn't do much there, next couple of days on the ward I walked up and down a bit then day 5 did manage the trek out once a day for a vape. Did the stairs on the way down but chickened out and used the lift for the way back. Good luck :x:

Afraidboy
Quote from @Lauren59:
Hi @Afraidboy. I was in for a week for APR, first 2 in ICU so didn't do much there, next couple of days on the ward I walked up and down a bit then day 5 did manage the trek out once a day for a vape. Did the stairs on the way down but chickened out and used the lift for the way back. Good luck

Thanks gives me an idea :) :x: