Stage 4 bowel cancer

Baxter2

An early Christmas present for me!

Just wanted to share my amazing news once more with you all and hopefully provide hope for those who are struggling just now.

Yesterday, I had another clear scan!! I am absolutely over the moon and now feel I can fully enjoy Christmas albeit a very different and outdoorsy kind of one!

It also reinforces the effectiveness of the chemo regimen I'm on, continuous Folfiri and Cetuximab, and makes it all so worthwhile. I'm having cycle number 103 on Wednesday.

I'll be having one or two small celebrations over the weekend kicking off with a bracing swim in the sea with my swim buddy tomorrow. I'll also be seeing the family in the garden and hopefully keeping cosy with our new patio heaters! I just feel to fortunate and grateful to remain in the NED club a little longer! Next scan will be in another four months.

Sending love to you all, particularly those struggling just now. I know as well as anyone, how challenging this can all be but today, I count my blessings.

Karen πŸ’œπŸ’›β€οΈπŸ’šπŸ’™

Lucie

Oh @Baxter2 That is such fabulous and fantastic news. Brilliant. I am so glad you are in the NED club. Long may it last. You are an inspiration to everyone. :x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you all so much for more lovely comments!
@Siona - thank you! I really appreciate your kind words
@Ddd - Thank you for the lovely words. It's very kind of up you to say. How's your hubby doing these days?
@Ange1974 - Thank you for the lovely comment too! Wild swimming is like medicine to me! Gives me such an enormous sense of well-being and buzz! Is hubby still on long term chemo?
@cant believe it - Thank you so much for your kind words. How is Adrian doing just now? I know it's been tough recently.
@jandals - Thank you so much! How are things going for your partner and little one? I think you're absolutely amazing!
@steve707 - Thank you! I hope your good health is continuing Steve!
@FranR - Thank you for your lovely comment. How are things with you? You've had a tough old time of it!
@Lucie - Thank you too! Hope your chemo goes well in Jan! It will be nice to enjoy the festive season before it all starts!

Loads of love to you all!

Karen β€οΈπŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’›

lauralou

That’s absolutely fantastic news @Baxter2 always wonderful to hear of some good news!!!
Wishing you and all your family a very well deserved β€˜Merry Christmas’ β™₯️:x::x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you so much for your very kind words @lauralou! How are you doing anyway? I hope you're ok?

Lots of love

Karen πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’›β€οΈπŸ’™

monzaman

Great news @Baxter2 only just seen this I don’t come on here much as I did before my op but glad all is well :x::x:

Baxter2

Ahh, thanks @monzaman! Lovely to hear from you! How are you doing? Hope you're still well after your op?

Lots of love

Karen πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’œ

FranR

Hi @Baxter2
Thank you so much for asking, I’m back in hospital unfortunately, my small bowel is blocked, I’ve been here since last Sunday whilst they wait to see if it clears on it’s own but it hasn’t so looks like I’m having surgery tomorrow, an intestinal bypass to get passed the blockages. The Folfoxiri didn’t do the trick for me so unfortunately things are not operable currently but the surgeon said if we can shrink things with immunotherapy (πŸ™πŸΌ) then we could review an op again. Things have been tough recently but I keep reminding myself of people like you who have been through so much to get to where you are... just got to keep going! Take care xxxπŸ’—

Gilly777

Wonderful news - have a wonderful December leading up to Christmas....Love, Gillxx

monzaman
Quote from @Baxter2:
Ahh, thanks @monzaman! Lovely to hear from you! How are you doing? Hope you're still well after your op?
Yea back at work for a few months now lost 7 stone and feel really well lots of hugs Andy
Lots of love

RT54

Great stuff @ Baxter 2 .Nice to check in and find your doing really well :x::x:

Baxter2

Oh @FranR, I'm really sorry to hear this! You've not had an easy time of it at all and it's disappointing that the Folfoxiri didn't do the trick! I really do hope tomorrow's surgery goes well and you are more comfortable but in the meantime, wouldn't it be amazing if the Bowel cleared itself?!

I hope you can have immunotherapy and that it has the desired effect. You sound in good spirits but I'm sure you're finding this all a big whopping challenge at times! We're all right here for you anytime you amazing human being!

Sending loads of love and all my very best wishes for your surgery,

Karen πŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’šβ€οΈπŸ’›

Baxter2

Thank you so much for your lovely kind comments @Gilly777! How are things going for you? How are you finding chemo?

Lots of love,

Karen πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’›β€οΈπŸ’™

Baxter2

Thank you so much @RT54! Nice to see you checking in on us all! I hope you're well?

Lots of love

Stella 2020

Sorry to hear about all the problems @FranR you are experiencing. Hope your operation goes well and the immune therapy works wonders. Take care :x::x:

John2628

Such brilliant news Baxter2 and an inspiration to us all....:x::x::x::x:

Ange1974

Yes still on panitumumab and folfiri . Maybe have a week off over Christmas :x::x::x:

RT54

Doing fine @Baxter2 .Had a colonoscopy cancelled twice to check on a polyp due to the present circumstances.Feel as if i,vet been pretty much been forgotten about tbh...had a blood test in August but that's been it for about a year.Still can't complain,feel well in myself and don't find myself in a hurry to visit a hospital anytime soon ! :x::x:

Baxter2

I'm doing the same over New Year @Ange1974 so having 3 weeks between cycles! What a treat for us eh?

Good to hear you're well @RT54 but not so good that your colonoscopy has been delayed! I'd always advise 'polite persistence' and hopefully you'll get somewhere. If that doesn't work, you could ask your hospitals PALS service for help?

Lots of love to you both,

Karen πŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’œβ€οΈπŸ’š

Lucy118

Hi @FranR, you really have had such a rough time. I just wanted to wish you all the best for your op tomorrow and I really hope treatment starts working for you. Sending lots of love and hugs :x::x::x:

molly2me

@FranR I hope things go well for you after such a time feeling rotten, good luck with everything including your operation. Take care :x::x: