Living well with bowel cancer

You can find lots of useful information about living with and beyond bowel cancer on our website.

Siona

What did you eat today?

I got the idea from the post “what did you do today” to start this one and share our photos and recipes.
It seems that we are all going to be at home for a little while but that does not mean we cannot enjoy good food.
Did you change your diet or the way you cook since your diagnosis? I am much more mindful of what I eat and I now check labels before I buy something, I want the least possible processed food and I have added more vegetables (half a plate) and fermented foods to my diet.
Hope we can all inspire each other!

Stella 2020

Had a traditional Croatia dinner at a local vineyard. Ate enough to feed a small army. All home made produce, grown from the farm. The prosciutto is smoked with oak and dried etc for two years. Veals slow cooked in the open oven for two hours. About to explode🤣
There is salads but I didn’t take photos, very fresh just picked from the neighbors garden.

kathyS

Took ten year old son to The Ivy yesterday for treat - great service and food! I had a glass of champagne because, why not...YOLO! 💓🙏🥳

kathyS

Lucy118

Looks great @kathyS :x::x::x:

Lucy118

@bowelbehavingbadly, your message regarding the burger should have been for @kathyS 🤣 It did look a good burger though! :x::x::x:

bowelbehavingbadly

😂 didn’t realise this @Lucy118 I had just seen your lovely photo prior to this post so you were obviously still in my head when I seen your name in this one. Did look tasty didn’t it. :x::x:

Lucy118

Brazil nut roast with roasted potatoes, olives, lemon, tomatoes and leeks - made by my lovely husband- delicious!

Lucy118

Lucy118

Stella 2020

Looks delicious @Lucy118 , what is in the Brazil nut roast?
My husband likes cooking too especially BBQ. This is one of his recent dinner.

Lucy118

That looks good too @Stella 2020. The Brazil nut roast has Brazil nuts, bread crumbs, onion, lemon, fresh parsley, dried thyme, nutmeg, marjoram, eggs - really yummy!

Siona

This looks delicious @Lucy118 😋

kathyS

@Lucy118 looks amazing I’m starving thinking about it!!! 🥳🥳🥳

Richard Staff (Support and Information)

Hello everyone

Unfortunately there is a technical problem with the forum where long threads are putting too much strain on our server, which is then causing issues for the rest of the forum.

It means that we need to lock some threads, including this one, in order to ensure everything else runs smoothly.

If you're supporting each other with information and advice on particular topics, I would encourage you to start separate threads in the relevant areas of the forum focused on the support you need.

This will also hopefully help make discussions easier for everyone to find, search and join in with, as well as ensuring that we're able safely moderate them.

You can of course continue individual conversations with friends via our private message inboxes.

We're also going to be freezing any threads that have been inactive for more than two years to help ease pressure on the server. This will also help make it clear that those threads are historical and may contain out of date information.

Thank you for your understanding with this and hopefully these small changes will make a big difference to keeping things running smoothly for everyone.