Moving on from bowel cancer

You can find lots of useful information about life beyond bowel cancer on our website, including our Living well booklet.

acrorat

NED... I will take that

First yearly CT scan results in and no evidence of disease. Very happy with those results. Colonoscopy in a few weeks.
The CT did pick up something in the breast but I think it is most likely scar tissue from a lumpectomy a few years back as it was on the previous CT scan too.
Very happy bunny right now

Gula

Fantastic news @acrorat!!! So happy for you :x::x::x:

acrorat

Thanks all.

Celebrated with sausage roll and cake. Can't do the alcohol with neuropathy meds lol

Lisa123

Fantastic news @acrorat so pleased to hear it. Take care. Lisa :x:

Diane Marie

Great news :x::x:

angelj

Fabulous news @acrorat :x:

kawa909

Great news @acrorat and hope you’re doing well.

acrorat

Just a quick update. Had the official CT scan results from the surgeon today. As said before the bowel cancer has gone. The lump in the breast is not scar tissue. My fear that my phylodes tumour journey from a few years back might be saying hello again...

Wegwe

Oh, @acrorat,sorry to hear that! I had to Google phylodes; fingers crossed that’s not what it is.
How do they know it’s not scar tissue?

acrorat
Quote from @Wegwe:
Oh, @acrorat,sorry to hear that! I had to Google phylodes; fingers crossed that’s not what it is.
How do they know it’s not scar tissue?

I asked that and was told it is an oval mass and not scar tissue. I had a benign PT removed some years back.

Molly2me

So hoping it’s nothing serious @acrorat 🤞:x::x:

Quote from @acrorat:
I asked that and was told it is an oval mass and not scar tissue. I had a benign PT removed some years back.

Wegwe

Do you know what will happen next, @acrorat ? Whatever the next step will be, I hope there won’t be a long wait for it.

acrorat

The consultant has written to my GP. I have my colonoscopy on Tuesday so may see the consultant then. They want to see my latest mammogram.

Wegwe

Oh, poor you, you’ve got a tough week ahead of you, with a colonoscopy and this to sort out. Good luck!

Lucie

@acrorat Good to hear that your CT scan showed NED for bowel cancer. I hope all is ok with your breast mass. Will be thinking of you. :x::x:

acrorat

Thanks all. Flying over to Inverness to see breast consultant tomorrow. I feel confident that it will be fine. In other news colonoscopy all clear too.

Lucy118

@acrorat, great news regarding your colonoscopy. Good luck regarding your breast - I’ll be keeping everything crossed for you that it’s nothing :x::x::x:

Lucie

Great news about your colonoscopy @acrorat Good luck for consultation today in Inverness. :x::x:

Stella 2020

Glad to hear colonoscopy has gone well :x::x: