Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

Barbara

Just reached 7 years since stage 4 diagnosis

Just a quick update that I'm still beating the odds. Today is the 7th anniversary of the colonoscopy that diagnosed my cancer. It's been a rollercoaster ride - but I would have bitten your hand off to be given 7 years at that point. Now of course I want another 7, though that is unlikely. I am now on palliative chemo, treating symptoms not expecting a cure. My GP did a FIT test to see if there was any internal bleeding causing persistent anaemia. It came back at 128. 120 triggers investigation, but as they wouldn't treat any bleed they found through a colonoscopy it's just another interesting bit of information. An iron infusion seems to have done the trick in addressing the anaemia though so I am feeling fighting fit at the moment. On fortnightly rechallenge with folfiri which is very tolerable. After the next (6th) cycle I will have a scan and we will see if it's holding things. Oncologist says there's now no data to base any treatment on, so it's just try things out and hope for the best. I'm still on the Christie's active waiting list for trials, but they thought it was better to try irinotecan again (it worked for over 2 years last time) and go for a trial later. Onwards and upwards!

adnil

Hi @Barbara πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰to 7 years and here’s to many more :x::x:

Liz Blakelands

@Barbara Congratulations on your 7 years anniversary and here's to many more. You are one very strong and inspiring lady, massive hugs :x::x:

Baxter2

Fabulous milestone @Barbara! Thanks for posting as will give so much hope and positivity to others. You're amazing and long may that continue!

Here's to the next seven years!

Lots of love,

Karen πŸ’œβ€οΈπŸ’™πŸ’›πŸ’š

Snoopdog

@Barbara just go show them that you can live well with cancer. Fab news! :x:

charleyb

Brilliant post @Barbara and will give hope to so many starting this journey!! Here’s to you posting about the next milestone πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³

Siona

This is an amazing milestone @Barbara what an inspiration you are ! :x::x:

Ange1974

Just brilliant news @Barbara πŸŽ‰ hubby just reached 5 years and 2 months after initial stage 4 diagnosis do u are just the inspiration we are looking for πŸ™Œ

mem

How have I missed this?! Congrats on your 7 years cancerversary @Barbara πŸŽ‰. Just wow πŸ’ͺ🏼! :x::x:

Barbara

@mem - but scan tomorrow...

mem

🀞🏼🀞🏼🀞🏼for the scan and happy results @Barbara. Keep us posted :x::x:

Barbara

@mem will do...

LouLoubelle

Brilliant news @Barbara congratulations!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰. πŸ₯‚πŸΎ
Well done to you for beating all the odds.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
This is such inspiring news for everyone on here, thank you for sharing your story. I really hope the rest of your treatment will help you to carry on beating this b*****d disease. You are amazing and have given me hope.
Louise
:x::x::x:

El Ivan

Brilliant news @Barbara Congratulations! 😁:x::x:

Barbara

@El Ivan Thank you - and lovely to hear from you. Just waiting for scan result now...

kawa909

That’s great news @Barbara and all the best for the scan results.

John2628

Such an achievement @Barbara. you are a star! :x::x::x:

Axelle

Hi Barbara. I've been following you since my husband was diagnosed Stage 4 in Feb. Just wanted to say you are the inspiration in our house. Congratulations on your 7 year anniversary :x:

Chalet

@Barbara
That's amazing! You're inspirational!
Cheryl :x:

Deano65

Congratulations, I'm on over 4 years at the moment. I went back on irrinitecan earlier this year and found it much harder than 2 years ago but it was ok. Good luck.:x: