Initial diagnosis questions
Hi, all. So I've received an update from the hospital yesterday after two weeks of waiting and the colonoscopy. I was told that the initial diagnosis is Stage 2 (T4N0M0). The tumor is in the upper right quadrant and I was told that tumors in the right side of the colon can be quite bulky. Surgery is the way forward but I need to do an ultrasound next week to check whether my bladder is compromised just so they can remove it at once when they take the tumor off. It will be a keyhole surgery. I will be meeting the surgeon on 12/13 October to discuss the surgery and I am trying to write some questions up about the surgery (and after) which I was hoping to get your inputs on, or whether there are other questions that I should be asking:
1. Do I need a stoma?
2. Anemia - what is the treatment plan for this?
3. How will they remove the bulky tumor if it is a keyhole surgery?
4. What are the chances that they switch to open surgery when I'm already in the operating room?
5. What are the factors that will make me do chemo after the surgery?
6. Is this the most common and effective treatment plan for this diagnosis?
Appreciate all your inputs.