Living well with bowel cancer

You can find lots of useful information about living with and beyond bowel cancer on our website.

Molly2me

Emotional support

Is this still available on the site please? If not are you able to direct me to where I can find this, previously other cancer supporters were readily available and the isolation wasn't as significant as it feels right now. I am receiving messages of a similar ilk, trust was an enormous part of what was discussed here.

I appreciate anyone's help, thank you.

Molly2me

@Ali @Lucy118 it’s a good feeling and thank you both so much ❤️ :x::x:

Quote from @Ali:
@Molly2me that is great news am so happy for you. I hope you had a good weekend after that result. I’m afraid I read more than comment on this forum but good to know others feel the same with mental as well as physical state. Hugs to all
Ali

Molly2me

Thank you 😊👍

Quote from @Jane39:
@Molly2me
I am so pleased to read your update. What a relief that you have this behind you now with a positive result. I’m glad that you have had a lovely weekend.
Take care,
Jane

Nats53

Great news @Molly2me . I had similar in July (6 months late)tiny polyp came back clear and big sense of relief :x::x:

Molly2me

Thank you lovely 😊 now there’s something I hadn’t even considered, sending off for histology! Duh I’m a plonker 🤦‍♀️ Chuffed for your results, and yes I can imagine your relief, so pleased for you :x::x:

Quote from @Nats53:
Great news @Molly2me . I had similar in July (6 months late)tiny polyp came back clear and big sense of relief

kawa909

Excellent news @Molly2me and glad you had a great W e afterwards!

Meg

I will be due a colonoscopy soon, it will be my first complete one as they were unable to get past the tumour with the first one last year.

I am nervous it will dislodge the ovary which is holding everything together.

I am hoping before Xmas , I think. Or not before Xmas if the results are not going to be clear. It is horrible feeling wanting to know but not wanting to know at the same time.

Molly2me

Oh @Meg that must be a huge worry for you lovely. Have they said dislodging the ovary is a real possibility? The knowing not knowing is an emotional rollercoaster and is completely understandable. If you haven’t already, I would strongly recommend talking to your team and voice your concerns. Lots of hugs lovely and if you can and are happy to, please let me know how you get in :x::x::x:

Quote from @Meg:
I will be due a colonoscopy soon, it will be my first complete one as they were unable to get past the tumour with the first one last year.

I am nervous it will dislodge the ovary which is holding everything together.

I am hoping before Xmas , I think. Or not before Xmas if the results are not going to be clear. It is horrible feeling wanting to know but not wanting to know at the same time.

Meg

They don't know, basically my surgeon said they hadn't seen it before, they had seen fat move around to block a perforation but not another body part. They said at the time it was very much a wait and see. My GP did mention they were concerned about it becoming too embedded and causing a blockage. I find it hard to believe now that I got to this age and for 99% of my life I was oblivous to anything my bowel did, just ate food, it came out and that was it ha ha !

Frances Styles

@Meg, as if you haven't been through enough already, so sorry you have this to deal with. Off to oncologist with Dave this morning, scan results, yikes! I have gathered so much from you all, so have quite a list of questions to ask. Thank you to everyone who has stepped in to give us suggestions, love Frances :x::x::x:

justhope

Good luck @Frances Styles thinking of you and hubby hope all goes well for you :x::x:

Lucy118

Good luck @Frances Styles, thinking of you and Dave :x::x::x:

Michelle74

Thinking positive thoughts for you and Dave today, hope it goes well. @Frances Styles :x::x:

Meg

You and Dave are very much in my thoughts today @Frances Styles , I know it has been weighing you both down this last few days :x: :x:

Stella 2020

Fingers crossed for you and Dave @Frances Styles
@Meg , clinicians are obliged to give you the worst case scenario, hopefully the colonoscopy will go smoothly. :x::x:

Molly2me

@Frances Styles Dave and @Meg such a lot going in with you both in such different ways and that’s unfortunately what we’re up against! It doesn’t get easier, it just becomes the new norm, moving ahead blindly at times and hoping for the best. HOPE now there’s a word that’s seriously underrated. Thinking of you both and hoping for the best outcome. Love and hugs. Take care lovelies :x::x::x:

Frances Styles

@Molly2me, you have the biggest heart, always thinking of others, so appreciate you and all of your wonderful words, love Frances :x::x::x:

Wegwe

@Meg I didn’t know that was possible, an ovary holding everything together. Like you, I always took my bowel for granted, and I did the same for ovaries. The mental image I have of those is something flexible that moves around freely, not something that blocks a perforation.
Is there an alternative to a colonoscopy that could work for you, like a ct colonography?

Meg
Quote from @Wegwe:
@Meg I didn’t know that was possible, an ovary holding everything together. Like you, I always took my bowel for granted, and I did the same for ovaries. The mental image I have of those is something flexible that moves around freely, not something that blocks a perforation.
Is there an alternative to a colonoscopy that could work for you, like a ct colonography?

I am not sure, he has delayed the colonoscopy by couple months to give it extra time to settle in there. I am darn glad nobody listened to me when I was shouting for a full hysterectomy and wanted the whole lot taken out in a hormonal hizzy fit years ago ha ha !
At the first scan they could see where the bowel was leaking, the scan two days later showed the ovary had moved its clever wee self round and was blocking the hole in the bowel. Clever things our bodies eh