Just diagnosed

If you've recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer, our 'Your Pathway' booklet is a great resource packed full of information about treatments, surgery options and patient stories

Mrs B

In shock

Hi I had a colonoscopy yesterday and was told I have got bowel cancer confirmation 7-10 days
Doesn’t feel real

Lirio345

Hi @Mrs B, a very warm welcome to the forum but I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. You are in genuine deep shock - this is so normal. You will start to feel better once there is a treatment plan in place, but this is the worst stage in many ways as you are waiting for this to be decided.

Please stay in touch and ask any questions at all, Kim :x::x::x:

Molly2me

Hello @Mrs B youve found yourself here well done you. Shock it is of course, it’s a horrible time, once the days ahead become clearer for you, it helps. Take one step at a time lovely :x::x::x:

Meg

It didn't feel real for me for a long time, even going for the op I remember thinking I would wake up and they would tell me it was a mistake. So that bit I think is completely normal.
Also for me the first few weeks were the most scary, once I knew what I was dealing with it was much easier.
Try take it just one day at a time :x::x:
Much love to you :x:

Michelle74

Same here @Mrs B , in fact I still find it hard to believe a year on! The worst bit is the waiting in between scans and meeting the oncologist, once you have a plan it will feel easier. In the meantime, best foot forward (and don't Google, it's so outdated):x::x:

Jane39

Welcome to the forum @Mrs B
Sorry that you find yourself here.
It is a difficult time ahead whilst waiting for tests and results but there will be lots of options and treatment plans.

Keep in touch and ask any questions.
Lots of support here for you.
Take care,
Jane :x:

Amanda Sandham

Sorry you find yourself having to be here but it really is the best place for support :x::x:

Lucy118

@Mrs B, so sorry you find yourself here. You’ll find the waiting the worst but once you have a plan in place it does get easier. Just remember that Bowel cancer is often curable and if not then it’s usually treatable. Sending lots of love and hugs :x::x::x:

Ali

Welcome to the forum, ditto all of the comments, your diagnosis will take a while to sink in and you not only have to deal with the physical but the emotional effects too. So many questions will go round in your head. However, once you get a treatment plan and can move forward, hopefully you will feel better, it is the waiting that is the worst. I wish you well and definitely post on here any questions as someone will always answer and the support is great.

Ali :x::x:

Baxter2

Good morning @Mrs B and another warm welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find lots of support, friendship, advice and shared experiences on here.

This period between hearing the news and knowing exactly what your dealing with is always a challenging one as our minds and googling tend to work overtime. The charity has a few really helpful publications you may want to have a look at over this time? Getting through each day as best you can is the name of the game and trying to keep as busy and distracted as possible. This is much easier said than done of course!

In the meantime, know you're in good company as most of us have been exactly where you are right now. It's not easy but we're all here for one another. Just shout anytime!

Sending lots of love,

Karen 💚💛💙❤️💜

Mrs B

Thanku I don’t even thick it’s sunk in yet but more worried about my hubby and grown up children I’m definitely glad I found this forum
:x::x:

Quote from @Baxter2:
Good morning @Mrs B and another warm welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find lots of support, friendship, advice and shared experiences on here.

This period between hearing the news and knowing exactly what your dealing with is always a challenging one as our minds and googling tend to work overtime. The charity has a few really helpful publications you may want to have a look at over this time? Getting through each day as best you can is the name of the game and trying to keep as busy and distracted as possible. This is much easier said than done of course!

In the meantime, know you're in good company as most of us have been exactly where you are right now. It's not easy but we're all here for one another. Just shout anytime!

Sending lots of love,

Karen 💚💛💙❤️💜

Quote from @Ali:
Welcome to the forum, ditto all of the comments, your diagnosis will take a while to sink in and you not only have to deal with the physical but the emotional effects too. So many questions will go round in your head. However, once you get a treatment plan and can move forward, hopefully you will feel better, it is the waiting that is the worst. I wish you well and definitely post on here any questions as someone will always answer and the support is great.

Ali

Molly2me

Just sending a hello how are you lovely? It’s been a couple of days and just thinking about you @Mrs B :x::x:

bowelbehavingbadly

@Mrs B sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis and can’t add anything to the advice you’ve received but I’m glad you’ve found this forum. There are lots of warm and caring people here who will give you genuine support throughout your next steps. Things really will get somewhat easier once you know your plan. In the meantime stay with us with any queries you might have. Take care. Sandra. :x::x::x:

ElaineG

Hi @Mrs B I've nothing further to add but just wanted to send a hug to you. This waiting game is the worst part, we all know how you're feeling right now but you will find that this forum will be a huge source of comfort and support. You are not alone ❤️😘