Just diagnosed

If you've recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer, our 'Your Pathway' booklet is a great resource packed full of information about treatments, surgery options and patient stories

k4444

Liver lesion :(

Hi guys,

Had a little update on Dad. After being told he has rectum cancer and that the scans show no spread to liver or chest, they have called him this evening to tell him there is a small lesion on his liver.

They have said it’s small and that they don’t know what it is yet, it could be a cyst or cancer but they are sending him for another MRI to check his liver.

He is going in tomorrow to have his stent fitted. He is worried sick and thinks it’s not going to work as he nearly has a full blockage. I keep telling him that’s what it’s for, that’s why they are putting it in :x::x::x:

Baxter2

I'm sorry dads had this news and just another worry for you all @k4444. It's great to hear his team are on it though and he's having a liver mri to look more closely. It does sound like they are being very thorough. I hope all goes well with the stent and that your dad can start his chemo very soon. Please keep us posted if you can?

Sending lots of love,

Karen 💚💛💙❤️💜

k4444

Thank you so much Karen @Baxter2 I am praying that it will just show up as a cyst. I am pleased to hear whatever it is is small and I hoping that’s a good sign :x::x::x:

Siona

Hi @k4444 i hope all goes well tomorrow for your dad with the stent. A small lesion could be anything and I hope it is just a cyst. But it is better to pick it up in scans sooner than later as there can be more options to treat if it is cancer. It’s a lot to take in and there’s so much to worry about, but it can be a little easier on the mind when we take it one step at the time. Lots of love :x::x:

Lirio345

This is so hard @k4444; the emotional roller coaster of cancer is indescribable sometimes. I hope today goes well for your Dad, Kim :x::x:

k4444

@Siona thank you so much for your kind words. I feel like this is all a dream and I just want it to go away. I feel like the cancer is more advanced than the hospital has maybe told my Dad though I don’t think they are keeping anything from him. It’s just everything I have read about stents fitted is for advance cancer. I just have a gut feeling we will never be rid of it. In saying that I have felt stronger and I am just taking each day as it comes. This site has helped me a lot :x::x::x:

k4444

Thank you Kim @Lirio345 It is indeed, I do feel stronger now though. My parents are so negative and seemed to have given up already which is so hard to see. It’s hard to stay positive when they are so negative but I am getting there :x::x::x: