Just diagnosed

If you've recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer, our 'Your Pathway' booklet is a great resource packed full of information about treatments, surgery options and patient stories

Mrs B

Update

Thanku everyone for your lovely messages I found them so comforting!!
Iโ€™m currently down visiting my elderly mum try to help each other work out what the hell is going on
Spoke to the nurse today could be either next Tuesday for the meeting or the following week so feeling so down Iโ€™m so desperate to hear what stage this is etc
Still donโ€™t believe it!!
Sending you all lots of hugs and love :x::x:

Baxter2

Oh it's such a horrible and scary time for sure @Mrs B. There's no easy fix for this either as many of us would probably tell you and have been where you are now. The best I can offer is focus on keeping as physically and mentally healthy as possible in preparation for whatever lies ahead. Busy, busy busy is the only way I got and continue to get though tough times. Waiting is horrendous and everything seems to go too slowly. Im thinking of you and we're all here for you.

Lots of love,

Karen ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’š

Siona

Big hugs @Mrs B the waiting is the worst bit but youโ€™ll feel so much better when you have a diagnosis and a treatment plan :x::x:

Lirio345

Sending lots of love @Mrs B, this waiting is so hard, Kim :x::x:

Nats53

The waiting is extremely hard @Mrs B so try and keep busy. Walking was the most helpful when I was waiting for MDT meeting and plans etc.
Sending love :x::x:

Molly2me

Dear @Mrs B Iโ€™m not surprised your feeling down but your not by yourself with this lovely. Your in the right place to do and say what helps you to move forward with us beside you. The kinder you can be to yourself now, the better it will be to make you strong. Thinking of you :x::x::x:

Mrs B

Thanku it really helps knowing I can come here and chat
Sending lots of love :x::x:

Quote from @Molly2me:
Dear @Mrs B Iโ€™m not surprised your feeling down but your not by yourself with this lovely. Your in the right place to do and say what helps you to move forward with us beside you. The kinder you can be to yourself now, the better it will be to make you strong. Thinking of you

Mrs B

Thanku I will definitely try walking :x::x:

Quote from @Nats53:
The waiting is extremely hard @Mrs B so try and keep busy. Walking was the most helpful when I was waiting for MDT meeting and plans etc.
Sending love

Mrs B
Quote from @Lirio345:
Sending lots of love @Mrs B, this waiting is so hard, Kim

Thanku :x::x::x:

Mrs B
Quote from @Siona:
Big hugs @Mrs B the waiting is the worst bit but youโ€™ll feel so much better when you have a diagnosis and a treatment plan

Itโ€™s a nightmare going out of my mind
Thanku :x::x:

Mrs B
Quote from @Baxter2:
Oh it's such a horrible and scary time for sure @Mrs B. There's no easy fix for this either as many of us would probably tell you and have been where you are now. The best I can offer is focus on keeping as physically and mentally healthy as possible in preparation for whatever lies ahead. Busy, busy busy is the only way I got and continue to get though tough times. Waiting is horrendous and everything seems to go too slowly. Im thinking of you and we're all here for you.

Lots of love,

Karen ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’š

Thanku Im having trouble doing anything
My get up and go gas got up and gone ๐Ÿ˜ซ
Sending lots of love :x::x:

thommo999

I remember these feeling so well @Mrs B. My only advice, aside from try to keep busy, especially the brain (that tends to go into overdrive and hyper-analytical mode despite only having a small amount of the information needed) is to let yourself be how you feel. If you feel as though you want to cry, then cry. If you need a hug get one. If you want to be angry let yourself. If you want to vent, thats ok too.. You are not alone, Ian :x::x:

Mrs B

Thanku :x::x:

Quote from @thommo999:
I remember these feeling so well @Mrs B. My only advice, aside from try to keep busy, especially the brain (that tends to go into overdrive and hyper-analytical mode despite only having a small amount of the information needed) is to let yourself be how you feel. If you feel as though you want to cry, then cry. If you need a hug get one. If you want to be angry let yourself. If you want to vent, thats ok too.. You are not alone, Ian