Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

Peter Crowe

So the treatment progresses.

So my treatment is moving forward following my SABR treatment in Bristol in Aug/Sept.
I will now be having a Protectomy in late Nov or early Dec, so no chance of a stoma reversal.
So I will end up with a Ken Bum to go with my Stoma, any advice from people who have gone through this operation would be welcome.
Take care all of you fellow members of the CC club.

louise28

hi @Peter Crowe that's a shame about reversal but good to know you're having surgery. Will you have a follow up scan for SABR? i finished a week or so ago and having follow up scan in a few months :x::x::x:

Peter Crowe

Hi Louise, I had a CT scan last Wednesday but it will probably not show the effects of the SABR treatment as it takes about 3 months for all the resultant dead tissue to be removed by the system. They are assuming that it achieved the desired results and progressing with the plan. I hope that your treatment was a success and that you did not find it a problem. I found the technical side of it quite fascinating. Good luck.:x::x:

louise28

hi @Peter Crowe thanks for that, it sounds similar to me. I've been told no point looking at nodes until Jan, but I will prob be scanned sooner just to keep an eye on every other bit. I'm optimistic that scan will be okay, because there was nothing else on CT in July and full body PET in mid-august, but always hard to know... Good luck with next step. I hope this gets rid of the cancer once and for all :x::x::x: