Coronavirus support

You can find all of our latest coronovirus information on our website at www.bowelcanceruk.org.uk/coronavirus

waiteh

3rd primary vaccine

Has anyone had there 3rd primary vaccine?
Husband had 2 Oxford vaccine and set to have the 3,rd primary dose but looks like they are giving Pfizer.
Anyone have any experience?

Lirio345

Hi @waiteh, I am sorry that I can’t answer your question, but I am moving your post to ‘Coronavirus Support’ as there have been other recent Qs along these lines.

Take care, Kim :x::x:

Frances Styles

@waiteh, Dave's having his 3rd tomorrow, he's had 2 :x: Astra Zenica, the 3rd is to be Pfizer. His Oncologist said it's good to have it once the 5fu pump is off. Love Frances :x::x:

waiteh

Thanks Frances for sharing. We have timed it as per oncologist advise just like you say. In the "better week".

MrADW

Hi @waiteh

I've recently had my third vaccine. First two were Astra Zeneca, third was Pfizer.

Alan

waiteh

Thanks for sharing. :x:
Feeling much better now

Baxter2

Hi @waiteh,

I had my third covid jag yesterday but honestly, I forgot to ask details so I've no idea what I had! The nurse I had and I worked together as midwives many years ago so we're distracted by that! 😂 I had chemo last week with pump off on Friday. I'm still doing my GCSF injections so my white cells won't know what's going on!! I had Pfizer for first two. No side effects apart from a little discomfort in arm overnight. Feels good to have had flu and covid booster! 💪

Lots of love,

Karen 💜💙❤️💛💚

waiteh

Thanks Karen. My husband also on gcsf and mod cycle with pump off Friday too. I've been on on Facebook group and feeling more reassured now lots of people having 3rd as Pfizer. So lucky to have the vaccine.

adnil

Hi @waiteh i had Oxford first two jabs and Pfizer booster, which seems to be the norm. No problems felt a bit meh and tired the next day. Had a three hour kip in the afternoon and was all good. Trying to sort out my flu jab now 😊 :x::x:

Amanda Sandham

The chap who gave me my 3rd injection told me that only Pfizer and moderna are used for the booster and 3rd primary injection. I had Astra zenica for the first 2 and Pfizer for the 3rd. I was ok for 2 days then had a day of needing to sleep. Ok after that.

bowelbehavingbadly

@waiteh I had my third primary on Wednesday they said I may be offer booster in 6 months. Pfizer given for all three. Sore arm bit blah the next day but ok today. Flu jab too. :x::x:

MysticLooRoll

I had my third vaccine and flu jab on Tuesday (48 hours before my second chemo cycle began), following advise from my oncologist. I had AZ for the first two jabs, followed by Pfizer for the third. They were going to give me Moderna, but decided against that as Moderna needs to have two doses and it wouldn’t work with the treatment cycle I am on. Pfizer is a one-shot dose, so don’t be surprised if that is what is offered to you. I had no real issues - just a sore arm. Glad to have it early.

JillyD

My GP told me I didn’t know what I was talking about when I tried to book my 3rd primary vaccine as there is no such thing. As far as she was concerned you have your first two doses followed by a booster six months later and said I would be called for my booster vaccine when it was due and not before!

She wasn’t happy when I told her she was wrong and then refused to read the text messages I had received from from NHS vaccine service telling me to get it and ironically from her surgery referring to the 3rd primary dose NOT booster.

I have a vaccine booked for Sunday which will be Pfizer (my mums had hers) but will it be classed as the 3rd primary dose or the booster that is the question. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Amanda Sandham
Quote from @JillyD:
My GP told me I didn’t know what I was talking about when I tried to book my 3rd primary vaccine as there is no such thing. As far as she was concerned you have your first two doses followed by a booster six months later and said I would be called for my booster vaccine when it was due and not before!

She wasn’t happy when I told her she was wrong and then refused to read the text messages I had received from from NHS vaccine service telling me to get it and ironically from her surgery referring to the 3rd primary dose NOT booster.

I have a vaccine booked for Sunday which will be Pfizer (my mums had hers) but will it be classed as the 3rd primary dose or the booster that is the question. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

My doctor's surgery didn't know about it but I took my dad for his booster and chatted to the doctor there about it. He told me it was the same drug just an extra dose and offered to do it there and then even though I didn't have any paperwork with me and am registered at a different surgery. All he was bothered about was that it was 6 months since my 2nd dose.

Diane Marie

I had my 3rd vaccine today. The nurse said I would likely also get a booster later as well. All mine were AZ. I had to chase it myself (even tho I had a text and letter from NHS Vaccines to say I needed one) and my info was passed to the GP who decided if I was eligible or not. So it wasn't as straight forward as it should probably be. My practice isn't doing the booster jabs you have to book via NHS website.

mick_meister

A bit late to the party but my 2 initial jabs were both AZ whilst my third “booster” this week was Pfizer. The call for the booster came from my GP’s surgery and was 6 months after the second AZ almost to the day. No probs on the day of the jab but blimey I was zonked the following day, sleeping most of it feeling very fatigued.