Just diagnosed

If you've recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer, our 'Your Pathway' booklet is a great resource packed full of information about treatments, surgery options and patient stories

Mrs B

Appointment with consultants

At last I have my appointment with consultants tomorrow
Mixed emotions happy I will find out diagnosis and plan but scared what I’m going to be told
I’m of course imagining the worse so anything less will be a bonus
Probably not much sleep tonight 🥰 :x::x:

Meg

Have you got a list of things written down @Mrs B ?
I always found my mind went blank when I was talking to them.

I feel for you with the sleepless nights, the nights always used to feel really lonley. Although once I was on chemo I had a few steriod fueled tidying up sessions, all my drawers and wardrobe have never been tidier !!

I hope tomorrow goes well and I hope you manage a few hours of sleep as well :x:
Much love :x::x:

Molly2me

Hi @Mrs B I’m not sleeping either, hopefully today will set you on the right path to that diagnosis. if you’ve no one with you, definitely take some notes, I can’t remember much of what I was told at mine. Love and hugs lovely :x::x:

Michelle74

Best wishes @Mrs B for your appointment today, keep us updated if you can.:x::x:

stevejl

Hi @Mrs B hope everything went well today with your appointment.Its just made me realise its been over 3 months since I had that scary meeting myself & so much has happened in that time.
Take care sending love & hugs
:x::x::x::x:

Baxter2

Good morning @Mrs B

I just wanted to wish you all the best for today's appointment. I hope you managed to get some sleep? Please let us know how things go if you can?

Lots of love,

Karen 💜💛💙💚❤️

Mrs B

Update
My meeting was a bit confusing actually
The consultant said that the biopsy didnt show cancer but he still thinks it is so he going to redo the colonoscopy and get one of the surgeons to do it
He says it’s 5cm flat polyp
Colonoscopy booked for Wednesday so feel I’ve taken 3 weeks step back 😢
Feeling so confused :x::x:

Lucy118

@Mrs B I’m so sorry you’ve got this further worry and wait. I’m not surprised you’re feeling confused. However it looks like they are looking after you well. Just remember even if it is Bowel cancer it is usually curable or otherwise treatable. You’ll feel much better once you know the outcome and know the plan. Sending lots of love and hugs :x::x::x:

Siona

Hi @Mrs B I totally understand the confusion and feeling of going backwards.
The consultant is being thorough and it is better to redo it and make sure all of the polyp has been analysed than leaving anything behind and not getting the right treatment. Take good care and keep us posted :x::x:

Mrs B

Hi
Yes I’m definitely being well looked after just want to know
Thanku lots of love :x::x:

Quote from @Lucy118:
@Mrs B Im so sorry you’ve got this further worry and wait. I’m not surprised you’re feeling confused. However it looks like they are looking after you well. Just remember even if it is Bowel cancer it is usually curable or otherwise treatable. You’ll feel much better once you know the outcome and know the plan. Sending lots of love and hugs

Mrs B

[
Hi
I know it’s best but the wait for results is a killer
Thanku sending lots of love :x::x:

quote]Quote from @Siona:
Hi @Mrs B I totally understand the confusion and feeling of going backwards.
The consultant is being thorough and it is better to redo it and make sure all of the polyp has been analysed than leaving anything behind and not getting the right treatment. Take good care and keep us posted[/quote]

Baxter2

I'm so sorry to read your update @Mrs B and of how this has made you feel. It's perfectly understandable but reassuring I guess as they are being very thorough by the looks of things.

I hope you have an ok weekend despite the uncertainty.

Lots of love,

Karen 💜💛💙💚❤️

Lirio345

This is really tough @Mrs B, but also great that your team is being so thorough. You will get through this, but everyone on here knows how deep you have to dig sometimes. Lots of love, Kim :x::x: