Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

Zara

4 years clear πŸ₯°

Hi all, I havnt been on here for a long time but wanted to give a positive update. My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer 4 years ago. He has just had his 4 year check up and is still all clear. Wishing everyone battling this horrible disease all the love and keep fighting ❀

Diane Marie

Great news :x:

Baxter2

Wonderful news @Zara!

Lots of love,

Karen πŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’š

Siona

Thanks for sharing the good news @Zara πŸ˜€ :x::x:

thommo999

Lovely to read some positive news @Zara and to give us all hope to keep fighting :x:

mem

What fantastic news @Zara! So happy for you both and looooooong may it continue :x::x:

Bear G

Fab news @Zara , thank you for sharing. Hope you all had a great celebration!
Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

kas52

BravoπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘All the best and big hugs for dad😁

ijp30

Thats amazing news and gives a lot of hope that outcomes at stage 4 can be so positive.

Zara
Quote from @ijp30:
Thats amazing news and gives a lot of hope that outcomes at stage 4 can be so positive.

Your mum's diagnosis sounds like my dad's, when he got told they said he only had a few months but it was much more positive when we saw the consultant. Hope your mum is doing OK :x::x:

Michelle74

Excellent news @Zara, thanks for posting, it gives us all hope. :x::x:

ijp30

That's really reassuring @Zara. It's great to see a positive story from someone who is much further down the line than my Mum but with a very similar diagnosis.

Do you mind me asking what your dad's treatment journey looked like? My mum has had 5 cycles of Folfox so far and just been scanned to see what the next steps will be. She has an appointment in a couple of weeks with the consultant.

Zara
Quote from @ijp30:
That's really reassuring @Zara. It's great to see a positive story from someone who is much further down the line than my Mum but with a very similar diagnosis.

Do you mind me asking what your dad's treatment journey looked like? My mum has had 5 cycles of Folfox so far and just been scanned to see what the next steps will be. She has an appointment in a couple of weeks with the consultant.

Not at all, his treatment was 3 months of chemo followed by a scan. Then he had a bowel operation followed by a liver operation. Stay positive chemo can do amazing things. When does your mum get the results of her scan? :x:

ijp30

Thanks @Zara. She's had the results of her liver MRI and that has showed good shrinkage on the lesions. She had a CT scan this Tuesday and she will be discussed at an MDT next week to see what's next. We're really hoping she can have an operation next as she's found chemo really hard with 2 trips to A&E thrown into the mix. She's enjoying her treatment break at the moment until they decide the next steps.

I'll definitely mention your Dad's story to her.

Zara
Quote from @ijp30:
Thanks @Zara. She's had the results of her liver MRI and that has showed good shrinkage on the lesions. She had a CT scan this Tuesday and she will be discussed at an MDT next week to see what's next. We're really hoping she can have an operation next as she's found chemo really hard with 2 trips to A&E thrown into the mix. She's enjoying her treatment break at the moment until they decide the next steps.

I'll definitely mention your Dad's story to her.

@ijp30 just take each step one step at a time and don't think too far in front. Every treatment/scan is one step closer to beating it πŸ’ͺ❀

Liz Blakelands

@Zara Wonderful news, so glad that your Dad is doing so well :x::x:

GD62Z

Marvellous news :x:

Lauralou9

This is amazing news πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

LouLoubelle

@Zara, such good news for your Dad and your family. Thanks for sharing. ❀️❀️ :x::x::x:

Poppies

@Zara that's great news and a message of hope too. Take care Px