Just diagnosed

If you've recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer, our 'Your Pathway' booklet is a great resource packed full of information about treatments, surgery options and patient stories

Reg P

Had my Op waiting for results

Hello, I have recently been diagnosed with Bowel Cancer T2 , 2 weeks ago I had an operation to remove the part of the bowel impacted and am now waiting for the results. All the CT scans showed nothing of concern it is just the lymph nodes that need to be checked I understand. It has been a roller coaster, 3 months ago everything is fine then a screening colonoscopy throws up something and the journey begins with amazing medical support from QMC Nottingham. So here I am just joining this group and seeing what a valuable organisation Bowel Cancer UK is. It is the most scary of times but I can honestly say I have never know so much support from family, friends, work and the NHS in these most difficult of times too. Positivity is the name of the game and that is how I feel and how everyone around me behaves I have no fear just optimism and that is how I intend to go forward.

Baxter2

Hi @Reg P and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find this a friendly, supportive and knowledgable community.

It's great to hear you've already had surgery and that those around you are being so supportive. It sounds like you've a great attitude too and I'm certain this helps in overall treatment success and survival. I hope your recovery is going well and that youโ€™re making good progress.

Sending lots of love your way,

Karen ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’›

Siona

Hello @Reg P and welcome! Iโ€™m glad to read you had a successful surgery. With the right mindset and support we can achieve a lot. Let us know how it goes, when you get your results. All the best with your recovery :x::x:

Poppies

Hi @Reg P welcome to the forum, you have already been through a lot, but glad "it's in the bin" You have a great attitude and I hope you make a speedy recovery.
All the best with the results Px

mem

Hi ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿผ and another warm welcome from me too @Reg P.
Big YAY to surgery now being behind you and wishing you all the very best with the results ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ.
Marie :x::x:

lucys45

Hello @Reg P.
Iโ€™m a fellow QMC patient. Iโ€™m four weeks post op, who knows we could have passed each other in the corridor โ˜บ๏ธ
I think you have a fabulous attitude and Iโ€™m very much with you on that.
Fingers crossed for your results.
Take care
Lu ๐Ÿงก

Lirio345

Hi @Reg P, a very warm welcome to the forum from me as well! It is great to hear that you have had surgery from such a supportive medical team. This, together with the strong help from friends and family will really help your recovery. Take very good care, Kim :x::x:

Jane39

HI @Reg P
Welcome !
Fantastic to hear that you have had your surgery and great care from our wonderful NHS. Your positivity will serve you well and I hope that you continue to recover from surgery with all the support around you.

Best wishes, Jane :x:

stevejl

Hi @Reg P way to go, great to hear op has come & gone :D& you are now on the recovery path.:D
Scary the journey maybe:o but the support you can get on here has helped me through the scary moments & will help you to.
Look forward to positive news when you get your histology results
Take care
:x::x::x::x: