Just diagnosed

If you've recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer, our 'Your Pathway' booklet is a great resource packed full of information about treatments, surgery options and patient stories

Kim Dazed but Plucky

Very Healthy Help - a thank you.

I won't be the first to have done this, but I would like to express my deep thanks and appreciation to the Team here that run and moderate this community site. The forum systems and moderators.

I am in the very early days of 'not knowing' what my problems might be. With an urgent referral made on Monday, I have had three days of no sleep, worry and totally distraction.

This site has been an absolute boon in the information and advice it offers. It covered all the questions I had bouncing around and more. Add in the kind and informed support you get from the people in the forum itself, and you have a new set of friends and a vital support option. I have found this just so valuable and so calming as well.

Anyways, you can see where I am going. So, let me close by resending my great thanks to the whole team here, and the whole community forum as well.

Good people aren't hard to find in here.

Kim :x:

Jane39

Hi @Kim Dazed but Plucky
Thank you for taking the time to share this and I am so pleased to hear your positive experience. The forum provides valuable information and support to many.

Best Wishes, Jane :x:

stevejl

Hi @Kim Dazed but Plucky nice one:D:D great you have found this forum of great use as I have done.
You do feel very alone on diagnosis but in a good & bad way you suddenly find loads of people in the same situation who get it & understand & suddenly you are not alone.
May I wish you well during your journey.
take care
Sending love & hugs
:x::x::x::x::x:

Baxter2

Hi again @Kim Dazed but Plucky (still love that forum name! 😂)

Well, what a lovely post to read! Thank you!

I've also found the forum to be amazing in the mutual support we offer to one another. I for one have benefitted enormously over the years since my diagnosis and it's been such a lifeline to me personally. We all give each other so much of ourselves, our hopes and fears, support, friendship, advice, information and shared experiences. For that reason, I was happy to accept my role as moderator in 2017 as a way of giving back I guess and also by facilitating the 'chat together' sessions too.

I sincerely hope for the best with your investigations but unfortunately you'll feel in this limbo land until things become clearer. It's not easy I know. Just keep ticking the days off and trying your best to keep as busy and distracted as possible. Much easier said than done of course!

Sending lots of love and thank you again for such a lovely kind and much appreciated post!

Karen 💚💛💜❤️💙

Kim Dazed but Plucky

Hi Karen, thanks my lovely, for your message and also your help on this Forum. Hey! Well done you. 😁👍

Yes, I am in the Don't Know Waiting Room atm. I resorted to wine tonight but stomach rumbles made me restrict it to two glasses only . But good news has happened! As I do have my telephone consultation with the GI Surgeon this Friday. The good old NHS has moved very quickly! This cheers me immensely. I thought the covid situ would mess things up...now I hope to secure my colonoscopy date on my call on Friday. But we shall see...everything crossed!

For now, I am trying my very best to live by that new motto! 😃

Don't let the fear for tomorrow spoil the beauty of today....

...or something like that...!

With kindest regards.

Sending love and more thanks
Kim :x:

Baxter2

Absolutely @Kim Dazed but Plucky! Only in the Don't know waiting room for now and O couldn't agree more about not letting your fear ruin your day! I have often said that to myself when struggling......how very dare cancer think it can ruin my days like this so makes me more determined to just not allow it! 😂😂

Take care and warmest wishes,

Karen 💜💙💚❤️💛

mem

Ah, what a lovely post @Kim Dazed but Plucky (also love your forum name btw 🤣) and thankyou for taking the time to write it 😘 :x::x::x: