Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

Sanderson

Thank you everyone for your generous support

After two years of stoically living with stage 4 bowel cancer and trying all treatment options my husband took his final breath this morning in our local hospice and is now at peace.
He never recovered from a serious sepsis episode in July but was fortunate to receive amazing care from the hospice. My heart is broken. One of his final comments to me was to thank me for being his life partner (we were together for 43 years). He was very much at peace as he approached the end, had said all the things he wanted to say and that gives me some comfort.
By a strange coincidence I received my bowel cancer screening kit in the post today. My message to everyone is to go for screening and get checked out if you have any concerns at all. Sadly, in my husband's case when a persistent pain in his right shoulder led him to get checked out by our GP, it had already spread to his liver.
I have been an intermittent participant on this site these last two years and found the support, information and generosity of personal sharing so helpful for me in some of my darkest moments. Thank you for this.

Hismom

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find comfort with all of your wonderful memories of your years together. :x::x::x:

adnil

@Sanderson so sorry to hear this sad news but he is at peace now and will be forever watching over you. Sending hugs :x::x:

Diane Marie

So sorry for you and your family. Sending love and hugs :x::x:

Poppies

Such sad news @Sanderson Sending my sincere condolences to you and your family Px

Soo B

So sorry for your loss , my sincere condolences to you and your family at this sad time :x: Sue 💕

kas52

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Molly2me

Dear @Sanderson my heart goes out to you lovely, take those precious memories and wrap them carefully to treasure for always ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Lauralou9

I’m so sorry to hear your news. Sending lots of love ❤️❤️❤️

Hans

I will be thinking of you today. I feel so sorry.@Sanderson
All my love
Hans

Liz Blakelands

@Sanderson So very sorry to hear the sad news of your husbands passing. My sincere condolences. Sending you lots of love

Liz :x::x:

stevejl

Hi @Sanderson so sorry to hear of your loss.
Wishing you all the best for the future.
Sending lots of love & hugs
:x::x::x::x:

Wegwe

So sorry for your loss, @Sanderson.

SalShep

So sorry for your loss @Sanderson :x:

Mavis

So sorry for your loss :x: @ Sanderson

Ali

@Sanderson so sorry for your loss but glad your husband said all he needed to you at the end and you had all those years together that you can look back on. Sending you love and hugs at this very sad time.

Ali :x::x:

Ashford Al

Thanks for sharing bless you .

Amanda Sandham

So sorry for your loss. I'm glad you got to be together in a calm and caring place at the end. :x:

kathyS

@Sanderson so sorry to hear your news and very glad to hear that your hubby was at peace and had such good care. Thinking of you as you grieve his loss. Lots of love Kxxx

Susie Ruth

What love to share - he was so lucky to have you, and you to have him. Hoping your great love will bring comfort. Sending condolences and peace :x::x::x::x: