Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

LouLoubelle

In hospital for stomach bypass operation

Hi lovely people, I am in hospital now for my gastric bypass tomorrow.
Came in on Sunday evening to A&E,(2nd visit that week) by a out of hours GP referral to the surgical team. I hadn't been able to eat much of anything, and just drinking sips of water for a few days. Still a long wait on a chair in a room until I went for a CT scan and to the surgical emergency ward. A&E was rammed solid. About 10 ambulances outside. The poor nurses and doctors were rushed off their feet. Had a naso gastric tube inserted yesterday which was as unpleasant as it sounds.๐Ÿ˜ฌ I wasn't very cooperative unfortunately. Hopefully all will go well tomorrow and I will be able to eat normally again.
Thank you for all the kind wishes previously. ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ
:x::x::x:

Molly2me

Thatโ€™s so easily done โœ… hope today there is a little bit more recovery for you lovely @LouLoubelle :x::x::x:

Quote from @LouLoubelle:
Thanks lovely ladies, โค๏ธI am doing better today. Had a bit of breakfast and taking things easy. I know I pushed myself yesterday too much.

justhope

Good afternoon @LouLoubelle and I really hope it is being a Good afternoon for you, take it easy, nice and steady. Hubby had a bit of a setback at weekend so I know like others have said recovery isnโ€™t a straight line but ups and downs, he is much better today as I hope that you are too, sending love and gentle hug :x::x:

Lucy118

@LouLoubelle, I do hope you are feeling much better today and will be ready to go home soon. Lots of love :x::x::x:

kawa909

Hope you are feeling better today @LouLoubelle and are close to be able to go home.

Lucy118

@LouLoubelle, thinking of you and I really hope you are feeling much better today and managing to eat. Lots of love and gentle hugs :x::x::x:

LouLoubelle

Thanks lovely people, I have just seen the doctor and he said from his point of view I can go home, just have to see the cns nurse. I am eating a bit more each day so making slow progress. Not rushing it! :x::x::x:

Siona

Every little step counts @LouLoubelle great to hear about your progress ๐Ÿค— Take care :x::x:

Baxter2

Fantastic news @LouLoubelle! I'm sure once you're home, you'll make good steady progress day by day. Just think.......your own cosy bed tonight! That's a great feeling in itself and one I always love coming home from hospital!

Take care and lots of love,

Karen ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™

cyclingjohnny

Wonderful news @LouLoubelle your own lovely bed awaits, take care cheers John.:x::x::x:

Jane39

That is great news @LouLoubelle
No need to rush your recovery at all.
Take care of yourself.
Jane :x::x::x:

Lucy118

@LouLoubelle, that is good news. I hope you made it home today. Lots of love :x::x::x:

justhope

So pleased @LouLoubelle that you are making good enough progress to be going home, it can feel quite uplifting but maybe a bit scary too? Hope you have some help around for you at home :x::x:

LouLoubelle

Thanks all, I am safely home now. Well at my sister's home. Unfortunately I threw up as soon as I got here. Think it was the car journey and lying down in the back of the car after eating a bit of dinner wasn't such a good idea. ๐Ÿคข Really hope it doesn't go on and I get my appetite back soon. I was surprised and a bit disappointed that none of the CNS nurses or my oncologist saw me before I left the hospital. I expected them at least to pop in. Nevermind I just have to concentrate on putting back my weight and getting some energy back so I can start the new chemo tablets. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ
:x::x::x:

Baxter2

Great to hear you're at your sisters and being looked after @LouLoubelle. Sorry to hear about you vomiting though....not pleasant. Hopefully day by day you'll build your strength up amd be ready to start your chemo.

Sending lots of love,

Karen ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’™

Lucy118

@LouLoubelle, Iโ€™m so pleased youโ€™re at your sisters but sorry you were sick. I do hope you can get your appetite back and build up your strength for the start of your chemo. Sending lots of love and hugs :x::x::x:

Molly2me

@LouLoubelle hello lovely, hope your feeling a bit better this morning, start of your recovery, take it easy with food, slow but sure :x::x: it does seem strange your cns or consultant didnโ€™t see you before, but remember they are there as back up if you need them, which hopefully you wonโ€™t ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ

justhope

Good morning @LouLoubelle hope your feeling better this morning, I am glad your at your sisters. Hope today is a good day, :x::x::x:

Stella 2020

Glad you are at your sisterโ€™s now @LouLoubelle . I am sure she will look after you very well. Hope your appetite improves over time. I would not think the oncologist/ CNS would have visited you at the hospital as your are in the surgical ward not oncology ward. It is like that in a NHS hospital. Take care :x:

bowelbehavingbadly

@LouLoubelle I hope youโ€™re feeling better snd appetite has improved a bit. Sending you a virtual hug as you recuperate. Love Sandra. :x::x: