Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

NYfighter

Stage 4 at 42yrs, 2 main surgeries & 17 cycle Chemos so far

It’s been over a year now since I rushed through my diagnoses and surgeries in March 2020. Only a few days ago, I came across this which has been a tremendous uplift in my spirit. My journey is continuing and I would like to share my story to encourage people like me/families looking after us to keep fighting.

Hans

@NYfighter welcome here. This is a place of support and help from lovely people also on this journey. My wife Anne is 8 years in the journey. She still cries and it all has drained her confidence. Still, it's a lovely world and the birds sing and people smile and are there. Here is a big hug :x::x::x::x:
hans

Baxter2

Hello @NYfighter and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find this a friendly and supportive community.

Please feel free to share your story on your profile page and others will be able to access this and read it. I hope the surgery you've already had and the chemo is doing the trick?

Sending lots of love,

Karen πŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’šβ€οΈπŸ’›

NYfighter

Dear @Hans , thank you! My devastating journey has almost been in isolation under the COVID dark cloud. I have been in constant survival mode fighting, knowing only the bare minimum. Like I said to my therapist earlier, this place made me feel home. From here, I feel normal, I see hope and reality, I am more focused. I will share my full story in hope less people going through this. ❀️ ❀️ ❀️

NYfighter
Quote from @Baxter2:
Hello @NYfighter and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find this a friendly and supportive community.

Please feel free to share your story on your profile page and others will be able to access this and read it. I hope the surgery you've already had and the chemo is doing the trick?

Sending lots of love,

Karen πŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’šβ€οΈπŸ’›

Thank you Karen :) the treatments have worked but I called a break because of the chemo side effects - going to see my oncologist tomorrow. This forum and the broader community helped me to understand better my fight and be more prepared. I will share my story soon. :x:

Hans

@NYfighter thank you and good luck for today. We are under the hospital in Guildford surrey and go back after Christmas. Now, yes this is a new world for you, but you are not alone. Neither is your new journey not understood, we all have been there and so understand!! So here is a hug for the day and a wish and hope you will walk slowly away from C.
:x::x::x:
Hans

bowelbehavingbadly

@NYfighter just wanted to add a Warm
Welcome and hope you had positive appt with oncology. You’re never alone when you’re here. I’ve β€˜met’ some amazing people who have carried me through some of my darkest moments. Lots of love Sandra. :x:

mem

Another warm welcome from me too @NYfighter ☺️ :x::x:

Ashford Al

Gday,Ny,welcome to the forum .πŸ˜‘

Titanicgirl

Hey @NYfighter ! Just to say, this is the club no-one expects to join, but the folk here are utterly brill and the BEST gang to hang out with. All my love.

jupiter20

Keep going @NYfighter - warm welcome from me.

Molly2me

Fab replies already @NYfighter and another warm supportive welcome from me :x::x:

justhope

Welcome @NYfighter your dates of the start of your journey resonates with me as my husband had a particular bad time starting in March 2020, he has had tough time but also light at this stage and great hope going forward. His details on profile. Add your story to your profile it might encourage others. In the meantime again warm welcome and onwards and upwards is my hope for you :x::x:

NYfighter

Thank you so much for all your very kind and welcoming messages and for this wonderful community. I have been well (since my plant-based-last-resort diet against radiotherapy) in the past two months. However I am starting my new regimen of chemotherapy tomorrow (hence my absence from
here as trying to make Christmas ready for the kids), this time is iv and oral, so four cycles to start with, every three week.

Lucy118

Good luck with the start of your chemo today @NYfighter :x::x::x:

stevejl

Hi @NYfighter may I add my best wishes as you start chemo today.I finished cycle 3 yesterday & start no 4 next Wednesday which will be my last one.
May all your side effects if any be little ones.
I too have switched some of my diet to plant based foods during chemo cycle 3 following issues on 1/2 & have found it has made a difference.
So good luck & take care.:D
:x::x::x::x:

kathyS

@NYfighter good luck and lots of love πŸ’“

NYfighter

Dear all, thank you for your support. I am so grateful that I found this community and I cannot express how much your comments mean to me. A brief update, I have started new IV+oral chemo in December, 2 week treatment every 3 week. By 2021, I had my 19th Cycle and is about to start my 20th next week. The first cycle in a new regimen often hit my the hardest. I am hoping to cope through my next 2 cycles, then it will be more PET and plan for radiotherapy afterwards. I am still fighting, so I hope you are! πŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’šβ€οΈπŸ’›

Lee W

Keep fighting @NYfighter - you've got this :x:

kas52

@NYfighter You can always find a help and support here and stories which proves you can beat the monster 😊Hugsxxx