Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

Lirio345

Another clear CT scan and clear Colonoscopy after 140 cycles of FOLFIRI and Cetuximab πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸ

I am so relieved to share that I am still classed as having no evidence of disease (NED) after a recent routine CT scan. The surveillance colonoscopy carried out the same week was not as straightforward as they took two biopsies from β€˜inflamed tissue’. Thankfully these proved not to be cancerous, but I know you will all understand that secretly I have been really worrying.

So 140 cycles later and I feel that I have dodged another bullet, for which I am incredibly grateful, - I take nothing for granted.

My lovely Oncologist laughingly said that I am a drain on the NHS and long may it continue πŸ˜‚

Lots of love to you all, Kim :x::x::x:πŸ₯°

Leaguefan

@Lirio345

All good news is welcome to read on these pages. Long may there be good news for everyone dealing with this.

Keith aka Leaguefan

farfar

Great to hear, long may it continue,
best wishes
Paul/farfar

1234annie

Bloody brilliant news!

mick_meister

Just bl**dy amazing @Lirio345 …140 cycles…wow…I’m on 35, treatment doing its job so hope I can continue for that long…so many inspiring personal journeys … best community ever!

Susie Ruth

Such wonderful news @Lirio345 - you have been such a support to everyone here - so great to be able to give a bit back! Wishing you and yours a very happy Christmas :x::x::x:

Lirio345

Good morning @1234annie, @kawa909, @farfar, @mick_meister and @Susie Ruth, thank you so much for your very kind comments and supports, it means such a lot to me.

Have a good day and keep warm! With lots of love, Kim :x::x:πŸ₯°

Jane16

Hi @Lirio345 that his fantastic news.

I have read many of your posts offering support to so many. It's lovely to see you have some positive news.

Have a great Christmas πŸŽ„ :x::x:

jupiter20

Such great news @Lirio345 I am so pleased for you :x::x:

Lirio345

Thank you so much for your lovely comments @jupiter20 and @Jane16, I really appreciate them! Take care both, Kim :x::x::x:πŸ₯°

betty26

@Lirio345
That is such wonderful news, I’m so pleased for you. Sending lots of love. πŸ’•

hetty

@Lirio345
Sooooo happy for you best news ever
Love Hetty :x::x::x::x:

Lirio345

Thank you for your lovely comments @hetty and @betty26, very much appreciated! Kim :x::x::x:πŸ₯°

Ali

@Lirio345 This is wonderful news and so pleased for you. Have just read your profile and seen all that you have been through which gives me hope. 140 cycles, wow - you definitely have a positive attitude which is inspiring. Thank you for sharing and all the best for the future.
Ali :x::x:

Lirio345

Good morning @Ali, your lovely message has given me a terrific start to my day, thank you! Take care, Kim :x::x:πŸ₯°

PolyAlma

Brilliant news, thanks for sharing as this gives us all hope. I’m about to start my 6th cycle of Folfiri, cannot imagine 140!! Well done πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Alanj

So pleased, long may it continue :x:

Lirio345

Good morning @PolyAlma and @Alanj, thank you for your warm and kind messages, - a lovely start to my day! Take very good care, Kim :x::x::x:πŸ₯°