Welcome to our forum

Welcome to the Bowel Cancer UK Community, a place for anyone affected by bowel cancer to talk about their experiences, share their knowledge and support each other. Please read our useful information pages for more information about the forum and Bowel Cancer UK.

Darv

Poodolph the Bowel Cancer Christmas Reindeer

Poodolph the reindeer is raising awareness about bowel cancer this Christmas, and all profits raised from every sale is donated to Bowel Cancer UK. Poodolph would make a wonderful gift for children and adults alike, and is a really fun way to raise awareness about bowel cancer. I am looking forward to seeing lots of festive photos. Poodolph can be ordered wearing either a green or red shirt. A special mention to bowel cancer survivor Heather Grimes for coming up with the genius name! Find out more from rivers2cross.com/poodolph/

My mum died of bowel cancer in 2016 and I am fundraising and raising awareness about bowel cancer in her memory :x:

Darv
Quote from @Baxter2:

Ah that's lovely and I am glad that it has found such a nice home for Christmas :x::x:

Darv

A fabulous festive Poodolph photo received tonight

Catherine Staff (Director of Services)

Hi @Darv my fabulous Poodolph arrived safely and has made several appearances in Bowel Cancer UK meetings including this one at a Board meeting! Such a brilliant idea and thank you so much for all your fundraising efforts - and thank you to everyone who has bought one too!
:x::x:

Darv

Poodolph on the board I like the sound of that 😂 :x::x:

This has been the third year of Poodolph looks like he will be back for a fourth next year

Catherine Staff (Director of Services)
Quote from @Darv:
Poodolph on the board I like the sound of that 😂

This has been the third year of Poodolph looks like he will be back for a fourth next year

He's got a virtual Christmas 'do' this afternoon so watch out for photos of him taking part in that!
:x::x:

stevejl

hi
I am just about to head off for Chemo session so Poodolph trying on a variety of facemasks :)so security won't turn us away from the hospital.
Poodolph doesn't think blue goes with the green jumper who would have thought Poodolph was a trend setter in fashion.B-)
Take care
:x::x::x::x:

Darv

@stevejl hope your chemo session went ok. Did you get any photographic evidence with Poodolph the trend setter ;)

stevejl

hi @Darv,
Unfortunately not as my phone played up & Poodolph had to wear PPE to get in to the chemo unit plus was dancing with the nurses so always moving.
I have done a post on his adventures with me.
Poodolph is going for a trip on the SVR this evening as we have a socially distanced carriage so masks can be removed plus will be outdoors on arrival at the venue for a carol concert so my wife who has a far superior phone will be taking some pictures of us at the concert & with the steam train.
So all being well will have some pics on here tomorrow.
Chemo went well thanks
:) Take care

stevejl

Poodolph, my wife & myself visiting SVR Museum

Booked this night out for last Saturday when chemo cycles were supposed to finish end of November but side effect complications mean will not be finished till 29/12 but Poodolph wanted a night out.Unfortunately my son & partner could not make it as contact with Covid patient at work.
Lots of carols, a good meal & Poodolph had a bit of mulled wine.
Best wishes to everyone
Sending love &hugs
Take care

Darv

Thank you for the brilliant support for Poodolph this year. I have donated £227.23 to Bowel Cancer UK from all the profits made :x:

Baxter2

Excellent work @Darv!

Karen 💚💙💜💛❤️

Jane39

That is fantastic @Darv

Darv

Thanks @Jane39 the support has been amazing as ever :)

stevejl

Hi @Darv great news as fundraisers play such a vital role in the fight against cancer :)
My Poodolph sends congratulations to.
Take care
:x::x::x::x::x:

Darv

Cheers @stevejl and thank you for your support 😊

Alister

A bit late but just bought one of the last 3

Darv

Thank you @Alister I will post it tomorrow so hopefully you will receive Poodolph before festivities end :)

Ali

@stevejl great photo, poor Poodolph can’t see a thing with his mask on .:x::x:

stevejl

Hi @Ali they were very strict , could only take the mask off to drink mulled wine:D

Darv

I was best man at Debbie and Howard’s wedding in 1995 and they have remained two of my closest and dearest friends. Debbie had hoped she had beaten bowel cancer, but after it came back she had to have life-saving surgery. Pelvic exenteration surgery involves the removal of multiple organs in the pelvis. It’s very difficult for anyone to fully comprehend the full nature and extent of this surgery that Debbie and others like her have had to go through to stay alive. Debbie has done amazingly well since the surgery and has continuously proved the doctors wrong with the speed and progress she has made. She is beginning to feel more confident with the bags now and trying to embrace life. Trying to overcome her fears of leaks in public and they do still happen… Debbie hopes that this lovely picture taken at Christmas will help and reinforce to people that there is life after cancer, even though she has had major surgery and two bags to deal with daily :x:
As you can see Debbie has also been a great supporter of the cuddly animals raising awareness about bowel cancer…