Living well with bowel cancer

You can find lots of useful information about living with and beyond bowel cancer on our website.

Lucy118

Clear CT scan two years on

Just had the amazing news that my CT scan was clear, 2 years following emergency surgery for a completely blocked bowel in my sigmoid colon. Originally stage 3 with 3 lymph nodes affected and EMVI. Chemotherapy stopped halfway through treatment due to COVID outbreak. Hopefully this will give some hope to those starting on their rollercoaster journey.

kas52

Great news 👏👏👏

angelj

That’s wonderful news @Lucy118 :x::x:

GD62Z

Marvellous news :x:

kathyS

@Lucy118 🥂toasting your good news tonight watching Strictly long may it continue! 💓💓🙏🙏👌👌

Lucy118

@kathyS thank you! I had a glass of bubbly tonight to celebrate and have been celebrating too :x::x::x:

mem

Fantastic news @Lucy118. So happy for you 🥳 :x::x::x:

Lucy118

Thanks @mem. I hope you are doing well and you have more use of your legs now. Lots of love :x::x::x:

Ninatoo

Woohoo! Happy dance time @Lucy118 !

Lucy118

Thank you @Ninatoo :x::x::x:

betty26

@Lucy118
That’s fantastic news. Merry Christmas. 🥳

Lucy118

Thank you @betty26 :x::x::x:

Nats53

Great news @Lucy118 . Hope you had some celebrations :x::x:

Lucy118

Thank you @Nats53. I certainly did! I hope you are doing well. :x::x::x:

pauline115

Well done lucy

Mrs ALS

That is fabulous news @Lucy118 so happy for you! :x::x:

Lucy118

Thank you @Mrs ALS :x::x::x:

claire87

So very happy for you!
This also provides some me so some much needed reassurance and hope so thank you for sharing!

My 39 year old fit and healthy husband had a blockage and surgery to remove a tumour at the hepatic flexure - they were pleased with the surgery and harvested 63 lymph nodes, 2 were positive…. No obvious spread on CT and diagnosed as stage 3. He starts 3 months of chemo from the 27th December. We have two young children and one on the way due in April . All I can think of is the potential of a bad outcome and telling the children but having read your story, I feel a bit more hopeful.

Wishing you a merry Christmas and very bright future, Claire :x::x:

Lucy118

@claire87, I’m so pleased my story has helped. I am now back to my old self. Hopefully chemo will be kind to your your husband. It’s really tough having young children. Mine were 16 and 18 when I was diagnosed, so much easier. Wishing your husband all the best for his chemo. He’s young and fit which will really help. It’s good to try and exercise during chemo if he can. Wishing you a lovely Christmas and a cancer free future. Do keep us updated how he gets on, (or feel free to private message me). Do also keep his team informed of any side effects too as there are lots of things they can do to help with treatment. Lots of love Lisa :x::x::x: