Just diagnosed

If you've recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer, our website has lots of information to help you understand more and get the support you need.

Richard Staff (Support and Information)

New text message based support service launched for newly diagnosed patients

We’re delighted to announce that we've launched a mobile phone text based support programme for people who have recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer.

It’s the first text message support service of its kind, developed specifically to help the nearly 43,000 people who are diagnosed with bowel cancer each year in the UK.

Throughout the process we worked closely with bowel cancer patients to ensure the service provides effective and helpful support.

By enrolling on the course, you’ll receive a text each day for five days - sharing support, advice and engaging videos on topics from coping with a diagnosis and talking to people you’re close to, to relaxation techniques and information about sleep and fatigue.

It’s free to sign up and you can enrol in the text-based micro-learning support service by simply scanning a QR code.

The convenience of text means you can receive support wherever and whenever you need it - straight to your mobile phones.

Find out more and sign up at www.bowelcanceruk.org.uk/.../support-with-a-recent-diagnosis/

Jane39

@Richard Staff (Support and Information)

This is a fantastic new innovative service that I am sure many people will find a huge support in those early days of diagnosis.
Well done Bowel Cancer UK.
Thank you 😊

clarebear

What a brilliant service, how I wish something like this had been available when I was first diagnosed. Thank you ❤

Mooshy

I have just signed up - struggling so much with anxiety and feeling alone so this should really help!

hev

@Mooshy hope you are ok and hope this forum helping you as it’s been great for me-good luck :x: