Moving on from bowel cancer

You can find lots of useful information about life beyond bowel cancer on our website, including our Living well booklet.

Nic26

Problems getting surveillance scans

Is anyone else having problems getting surveillance scans done. I am overdue my CT scan now. I am 3 & a half years from diagnosis and had my last scan in December 2020. I was told my next one would be December 2021 but despite calls and letters nothing from the hospital

Poppies

Hi @Nic26 My scan was due end of July beginning of August, I didn't get it until November and still haven't had the results. Px

GD62Z

Hi @Nic26 Raise your concern with the PALS team and have them obtain a reply. MacMillan have clinical nurses you can speak with and there is always just copying you MP into the email too.

Good luck :x:

Jannine

Hi @Nic26 my surveillance scan at 18 months post surgery was due in September 2021 and I had it on 16th December, still waiting on the results. I think it’s fair to say that Covid is still having an impact on routine surveillance. I hope it puts your mind at rest that you’re not alone in this, doesn’t help the “scanxiety” though does it? Good luck and hope you get a date soon :x: