Younger people with bowel cancer

You can find lots of useful information for younger people on our website, as well as details of our Never Too Young campaign.

Seeking peace of mind

28 yr.old 4 years on, is enlarged lymph node a concern?

I am so grateful that this site exists. Thank you al!!
My husband Tom got colon cancer in Jan 2018 (then 28yrs), right side hemicolectomy (T4, NO, M0). Thank God he has had clear scans since his treatment.
Yesterday's scan threw up a concern and I would appreciate any advice anyone can offer. I should say first off that Tom has recently had bloods done. CEA's & CRP were fine.
The scan report said that the 'mesenteric lymph node' was slightly larger than when scan was done last year. They said it was of 'uncertain pathological value' and less than 1cm. Is this a big deal or not? We can't meet the consultant for 4 weeks. The GP said he would like a 2nd opinion but he wasn't too concerned as bloods were ok.
On another, hopefully unconnected topic, Tom has been sore in his groin area in recent months as he exercises. Common sense tells me that the large resection of his colon has left scar tissue that will always be a bit sore. However, sometimes you think you are only grasping at straws.
Thanks to everyone reading this and good health to you all.
Marie

Jane39

Hi @Seeking peace of mind
Sorry that you have these concerns. It is difficult to comment as no one here is medical.
Four weeks is along time to see the consultant and to be in limbo. Can you expedite this anyway? Who gave you the report …. Can they help.

I would be reassured that blood work was normal. I think any ache and pains after a cancer diagnosis makes us worry. Has he discussed this with the GP.
It could be anything causing this sore area.

Take care
Jane :x::x::x:

Seeking peace of mind

Hi Jane
Thank you so much for your reassurance. I have asked to speak with the consultant asap so I hope he will at least give an opinion. I am probably over reacting but this bloody disease makes you afraid of every ache and pain.
Thanks again. Your comment is greatly appreciated.
Marie :x::x:

Greenman

I was diagnosed at the same time, and I also get pain in my groin when I exercise at times. I just put it down to scar tissue, it was similar after I had a c-section.

Seeking peace of mind

Quote from @Greenman:
I was diagnosed at the same time, and I also get pain in my groin when I exercise at times. I just put it down to scar tissue, it was similar after I had a c-section.

It's comforting to know that others share the same experience. Thank you. Marie :)