Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

Gary12345

Interesting obviously not a cure or treatment but might help a bit

Just thought I'd share this . And wondering whats your thoughts of high dose vitamin C infusions .....found this online that cultured human CRC cells harboring KRAS or BRAF mutations are selectively killed when exposed to high levels of vitamin C. This effect is due to increased uptake of the oxidized form of vitamin C, dehydroascorbate (DHA), via the GLUT1 glucose transporter.11 Dec 2015
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › ...
Vitamin C selectively kills KRAS and BRAF mutant colorectal cancer ...

Up Shit Creek

Last time I went on the website Pubmed, there were around 50 current international early stage trials investigating the efficacy of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) in cancer treatment. This has routinely been the case since 1970s. It rarely reaches later Stage trials, and there are many conflicting views as to why this is.

Many integrative doctors in America, Denmark, Italy, Germany and Mexico currently use it alongside orthodox therapies in treating cancer. There is some debate about whether oral administration at regular intervals or infusions are better.

I have taken it in extremely large oral doses (up to 100x the RDA). The only side effect I experienced was a bit of diarrhoea which I curtailed by reducing the dose. I took it as part of a much larger integrative regimen. The only reason I stopped was because I have a temporary ileostomy (the two don't pair well). I intend to resume using it as soon as this is reversed.

That is my personal experience. It is not a recommendation/advice.

Gary12345

@Up Shit Creek Thanks man 👍. Well i think you definitely know more then me tbh about it . And I'm just curious as to what are the conflicting views some have with it? would it
be the effectiveness ?

Up Shit Creek

Essentially, yes, the conflicting views are about whether or not it is effective.

If you wish, you can message me privately where I can point you in the direction of further reading and studies about vitamin C.

Tanguera

@Gary12345 @Up Shit Creek The admins are likely to ask us not to discuss the topic as my understanding is the website is for conventional treatments and side effects. You can find a lot of info and discussions on the subject on several FB groups. I have done quite a lot of high dose intravenous Vit C. Unfortunately there is no way of telling if it helps as I'm the only participants in the trial :). Good luck with your research and treatments. All the best

Lirio345

Hi @Tanguera (@Gary12345 and @Up Shit Creek),

Just so you know there is nothing in the forum rules that says complimentary or integrative approaches are not ‘allowed’. It is only if they are promoted as alternatives to conventional treatment. We would always encourage discussion with medical teams before starting anything new. I hope that helps. Appropriate rule is copied below - just for information!! Take care, Kim :x::x:

……………………………..

7. Alternative treatments
Posts that advocate alternative or non-traditional treatments in place of conventional medical treatment will be removed. Please speak with your medical team before embarking on any change in treatment.

Tanguera

That's great! Thank you, Kim