Moving on from bowel cancer

You can find lots of useful information about life beyond bowel cancer on our website, including our Living well booklet.

divvykev

Huge surprise - in a good way

Went in today to see my surgeon after my APER on new years eve.

Took him three times to explain to me that I was straight into Surveillance and no further chemo needed.

Biggest surprise has been the lack of emotions I am feeling at the moment but am sure that will change as things sink in.

Thanks for all on this forum who have shared their stories and replied to my questions during my journey to date. Some inspirational people out there.

Kev

Baxter2

This is amazing news @divvykev! Lots to celebrate once you absorb this wonderful news!

Sending lots of love,

Karen 🌺🌸🌼🌻🌷

Jane39

Great news @divvykev
There is alway’s a lot to process after medical appointments - good or not so good.
When ready, enjoy the your celebrations!
Best Wishes
Jane :x:

Lirio345

Terrific news @divvykev - so very pleased for you. Take very good care, Kim :x::x::x:

Liz Blakelands

@divvykev Brilliant news, you will celebrate once you have got your head round it. :x::x:

Diane Marie

Great news :x::x:

Susie Ruth

So lovely to hear :x::x:

Leaguefan

Another piece of good news. So glad for you.

Siona

Excellent news @divvykev take care :x::x:

stevejl

Hi @divvykev great news & take care.
I too have finished chemo & am in to the surveillance period & yes agree it is hard to get your head around it all after the intensity of the chemo.
Good luck for your future.
:x::x::x::x:

Mark McC

Hi @divvykev

Great news πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I was diagnosed in Nov 2020 and had an ileostomy reversal in Nov 21 which I saw as the end of my treatment. I have my 1st anniversary (of tumour removal) colonoscopy and CT in March, but like you I’m surprised about my lack of emotion around the whole journey at the moment.

Good luck for the future