Just diagnosed

If you've recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer, our 'Your Pathway' booklet is a great resource packed full of information about treatments, surgery options and patient stories

goody

My husband has bowel cancer

Feeling very lonely as my husband is a changed person on Chemotherapy! So difficult as I am not used to him being so unpleasant and nasty and bad tempered.

Lirio345

Good evening @goody, welcome to the forum although I am sorry to hear about your husband’s diagnosis.

Unfortunately, chemotherapy, which can exert a huge physical strain on the body can also be accompanied by significant emotional changes. I would recommend in the first instance that you request to join our closed caregiver group where you will be able to share your feelings openly with other partners, relatives and caregivers (see caregivers - listed under topics).

As I am a patient my experience of this is different, but I do think that your husband might benefit from some emotional support. Can you talk to him about this change in his personality. Alternatively it might be an idea to approach your GP to see what help is available. Please let us know how you get on, Kim :x::x:

goody

Thank you so much really appreciate that will do Goodyxx

freyaburmesejanet

Goodness @goody ! You could be me, describing mine on days 1 -3. On day 4 he was much better. This was his first cycle so wonder if it will happen each time. Would love to chat on the caregiver group. Many many hugs. :x::x::x:

Tiffany

@goody

Hi there and welcome. My hubby was diagnosed in June 2015 and I have been active on here for many years. Please feel free to PM me anytime or as Kim suggests above request to join Caregiver Support (bottom topic on left hand side of page) to you can chat to other husbands, wives etc away from patients. It's a great group where you can say what you want freely without fear of upsetting anyone. We have all been there and understand how hard it is.
Sending love, Tiffany :x:

goody

Hi thanks for your support!

Quote from @freyaburmesejanet:
Goodness @goody ! You could be me, describing mine on days 1 -3. On day 4 he was much better. This was his first cycle so wonder if it will happen each time. Would love to chat on the caregiver group. Many many hugs.