Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

megan147

Bone mets

Hi all. Hope you are doing good.
Mom is still yet to start treatment. She had a pet scan yesterday that showed bone mets. I don’t know the details yet. I previously posted that she has liver mets too which are innumerable. Has anyone got any experience with this or NED?
TIA :x:

Baxter2

Hi @megan147,

I'm sorry your mum has been diagnosed with bone mets as well as liver mets following her PET scan. Hopefully once the scans are complete, there will be a plan for treatment and she'll get started soon!

I don't have experience of bone mets but have had a liver met and liver resection done. (Details in profile) I've also had experience of being 'NED' on scans since which is a reassuring g place to be for sure. I hope you're mum doesn't have much longer to wait until she can start her treatment! 🤞🤞

Sending lots of love,

Karen 🌺🌸🌼🌻🌷

megan147

Thank you, I appreciate it. Hope you are well :x::x:

Jane39

@megan147
Sorry to hear that you Mum has bone mets.
I had lots bone mets that responded really well to chemo and targeted therapy.
They are all now inactive and sclerotic.
I hope that you and your mum get more details soon with a treatment plan.

Best wishes, Jane :x::x:

megan147
Quote from @Jane39:
@megan147
Sorry to hear that you Mum has bone mets.
I had lots bone mets that responded really well to chemo and targeted therapy.
They are all now inactive and sclerotic.
I hope that you and your mum get more details soon with a treatment plan.

Best wishes, Jane

I’m glad to hear that!! May I ask, did you have any to the liver? She has innumerable they said. She is in hospital at the minute weak and struggling to walk on her own because she’s very dehydrated and doesn’t feel like eating and had a infection around her liver. It’s quite scary this is happening before treatment and I don’t know anyone who’s had these symptoms before treatment :x::x:

Jane39

Hi @megan147
Yes I also had innumerable liver mets - also responded well to treatment.
I am sorry that your Mum is so unwell at the moment. I am sure they will be able to get her feeling much better so she can start her treatment. I can understand that it is a worrying time for you. Take care, Jane :x::x::x:

megan147

Glad you’re doing fine! Thank you, she has her meeting for treatment this week so fingers crossed A plan is started!:x::x: