Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

Baxter2

6 years on from stage 4 diagnosis....

I'm delighted to report another clear (ish) scan in January 6.5 years from initial stage 3 diagnosis.

Everything looks clear apart from a couple of enlarged lymph nodes under left arm. My oncologist thinks this is due to covid injections on same side (I've had four and flu jag too with most recent a week before my scan) I've had a quick google and this does seem to be a 'thing' . Has anyone else experienced this? He is seeking an opinion from a colleague and agreed to do a 3 month scan to check too.

So, for now, we carry on with living a near normal life on continuous chemo (Folfiri and Cetuximab) Just had cycle number 127 last week!

Sending lots of love and hope to you all,

Karen 🌻🌸🌼🌺🌷

Baxter2

Thank you all once more for the lovely kind comments @svr - Very best wishes for the start of same treatment! 🀞@momentbymonent - I've been referred to a breast surgeon only for his opinion but I expect he'll just suggest re scan in 3 months 🀞@El Ivan @terri m - yes, still swimming! :x: @Chalet and @Tiffany

Lots of love to you all,

Karen 🌺🌻🌸🌼🌷

angelj

Brilliant news @Baxter2 πŸ’ͺπŸ˜„:x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you so much @angelj!

Lots of love,

Karen 🌸🌻🌺🌼🌷

thatdoc

Amazing Karen! So happy for you!

Baxter2

Thanks @thatdoc!

Hope you have a good day!

Lots of love,

Karen 🌺🌼🌸🌻🌷

AMM31

@Baxter2
Just logged on and so pleased to read this Karen!
You’re amazing. Many congratulations! Best wishes for continuing clear scans.
:x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you so much @AMM31! I hope you're still doing well too? Hopefully get an Edinburgh lunch arranged this year?!

Sending lots of love,

Karen 🌺🌻🌸🌼🌷

AMM31

@Baxter2
Yes, I’m still fine. Nearly 6 years now. Looking forward to meeting up n Edinburgh for a lunch this year!
Allie
:x::x:

chris61

Great to hear your news Karen. Congratulations!! :)

Baxter2

Thank you @chris61. Hope you're still doing well?

Lots of love,

Karen 🌺🌻🌸🌼🌷

Soo B

@Baxter2 what wonderful positive news :x: lots of love Sue πŸ’•

Baxter2

Thank you @Soo B! Hope you're doing well!

Lots of love,

Karen 🌼🌺🌻🌸🌷

Soo B

I’m feeling good thanks Karen , just arrived back from a relaxing 10 days in Cape Verde .
Nothing better than a nice break to recharge your battery!
Always feel grateful to my Consultant and his team , and finding this lovely group , πŸ’•

Baxter2

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this @louise28! That is very reassuring indeed! πŸ˜ƒ

Oh wow! How lovely for you @Soo B! I bet it was just wonderful! Was it windy there? I've heard it can be windy and for that reason you can't swim in the sea. Hope you're busy planning your next holiday now! πŸ˜‰

Thank you @Up Shit Creek! I don't have any specific tips I guess but there's probably a lot of what I do day to day that helps in a variety of ways. My oncologist admits we're now in unchartered territory!

Lots of love,

Karen 🌻🌸🌼🌺🌷

louise28

You're welcome @Baxter2 I've noticed a few articles and came across this one so thought I'd pass it on!

Soo B

Hi @Baxter2 yes it was windy , but lovely and warm .
We’ve been to Sal twice before , but in October when there was little wind , still a great holiday and back feeling revived .
Holiday already booked for June to Turkey so more sun hopefully to look forward to :x::x:
Love Sue πŸ’•

GD62Z

Marvellous news :x: Keep on going :x:

Deano65

Well done. Long may you continue.:x: