Moving on from bowel cancer

You can find lots of useful information about life beyond bowel cancer on our website, including our Living well booklet.

lulu70

No more MRIs for now ….

I have just had a call from the colorectal nurses - I am being dropped down to annual CT scans for monitoring - no more MRIs 😊 To be honest, I have had that many MRI scans that I now use them as time for meditation and I don’t mind them but it’s still good news that I don’t need as much monitoring 😊

It is over 5 years since my first diagnosis and nearly 2 years since the chemo for a couple of rogue lymph nodes ended … done the Strive for 5 - working on Strive for 10

Keep the faith Bowel Cancer Crew - it can be done :x::x::x:

louise28

This is so so good. You know how I feel about this anyway! :x::x::x::x::x::x:

louise28

Tagging my lovely buddy @strongsami too

Lirio345

I am delighted to read this @lulu70, thank you so much for sharing. Take very good care, Kim :x::x:

Jane39

Wonderful to read your update.
Take care
Jane :x:

betty26

@lulu70
That really is fabulous news. Thank you for posting it on here. 💕

1234annie

You story sounds similar to mine @lulu70 I'm 5 years post diagnosis and two years post chemo and op for recurrance. I've just had a CT and MRI, I'm hoping they do another six monthy check but I've been saying that for a while and I don't think I'll ever feel ready for yearly! I'm off to uni in Sept! :x: :x:

lulu70

@1234annie - so good to hear from you! I know how you feel as I also worry that if they are not looking they might miss something ….

I am cautiously starting to make longer term plans whilst also being SO grateful to be still here. I am due to be a Granny for the first time in the next few days and I thought when I was first diagnosed that this was a day I would never see.

Good luck with your Uni course!

strongsami

Sorry I am a bit late in replying, @lulu70 absolutely delighted to read your amazing news! And thanks to the lovely @louise28 for the tag. Rocky hugs to all xoxoxox

lulu70

Mark McC

Great news :)

Liz Blakelands

@lulu70 Really good news, I like good news. All the very best :x::x: