Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

skyetripper

Consultant Appointment tomorrow. A little anxious..

So far I’ve had 4 rounds of Capiri and had a CT scan last week. Starting round 5 on Thursday, but had a call last week that my Gastro consultant wanted to see me. Not specifically unusual other than I had expected to see my Medical Oncologist, rather than the Gastrointestinal surgeon.

Just got me thinking too much as to why he wants to see me? Good news (tumours shrinking? Maybe able to operate?) or bad news. Thought I was getting good at handling the anxiety, but apparently not!! 😬

Jane39

Hi @skyetripper
It always send us in to overdrive when something happens that we don’t expect.
Hopefully it’s all positive news.
Do you have long to wait for your appointment?
Take care
Jane :x::x::x:

skyetripper

Thanks @Jane39. Appointment was good (consultant was late..), and results are reasonably reassuring - it looks like both the bowel and liver tumours have shrunk a little and is now up to the liver surgeon to decide if he can operate 🤞🏻🤞🏻

As ever, things don’t go so smoothly and I’m now in hospital waiting for a blockage to be dealt with, which may just throw everything in the air for a bit.. 😖

Jane39

Hi @skyetripper
That sounds really positive news from the scan results.
But … oh no ! Poor you. Sorry you have a new challenge to deal with. Hopefully a blip that can be sorted asap and the liver surgeon outcome is a good one.
Take care and hope things are sorted quickly for you.
Jane :x: