Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

Deano65

5 yeas since diagnosis

Another year of living with stage 4 bowel cancer and what a year. Due to NICE allowing treatment breaks, I enjoyed a 19 week break last year and felt normal. The tumours only grew slightly. In the last year, I've taken up woodwork and written a children's book which raised ยฃ3000 for cancer patients in leeds and I've got travel insurance to start holidaying again. Already enjoyed a wek in Spain and a cruise. Getting my moneys worth. Just restarted chemo after a 6 week break and hoping all still goes well.
I was only given1 to 2 years at the start and feel so grateful to the NHS and oncology team at Leeds that I am still here.
Always stay positive.:x::x:

Liz Blakelands

@Deano65 So lovely to read this post. So glad you enjoying life to the full. Statistics, there is only one that counts and that is you. All the very best :x::x:

Lirio345

Hello @Deano65, thank you so much for sharing this positive post - love your outlook on life and your can do attitude! Take very good care, Kim :x::x:

Jane39

Hi @Deano65
Lovely to hear from you and I am very pleased that you have been able to access your treatment after a break.
That is amazing to hear about your boat and all that money raised - wow !
Glad that you have managed to holiday.
Take care
Jane :x::x:

kas52

Bravo๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘enjoy holidays .Hugsxxxxx

Deano65

Thank you.:x::x:

Deano65

Thank you.:x::x:

Deano65

Thank you.

stevejl

Hi @Deano65 nice way to start my day in reading your post.Great to see you got Travel insurance sorted so you can holiday as I found that very frustrating earlier this year.
Time to put the woodwork to use & build a boat so you can take us all cruising.
Might be another book in that story.:o
Congratulations on writing the book & raising the ยฃ3k:D:D
Take care
:x::x::x::x::x:

Lucy118

Lovely post @Deano65! So pleased youโ€™re living life to the full. Lots of love :x::x::x:

lindyloo

@Deano65 fantastic news ๐Ÿ‘ so pleased you shared this gives people hope :x::x:

Susie Ruth

Such a wonderful thing to hear. Go you! Thank you for sharing :x::x:

blamelouis

Great stuff Deano MOT ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป