Moving on from bowel cancer

You can find lots of useful information about life beyond bowel cancer on our website, including our Living well booklet.

sweetcheeks

Stubborn husband

Hi to you all , I pop in and out to see how you are , but I’m
Back for some advice, those who remember me will remember my Geoff as a stubborn man who refused to listen… lol well out of the blue he has developed watery stools put it down to a bug but 4 days in he looks awful still no control over this coloured water that is explosive!! Unusual for him no 🌬 either … I’m so worried he has a blocked bowel ( and yes I’m thinking the worse)
Due colonoscopy and ct this year but with all the delays it could be a while … I’ve begged him to contact Gp but Geoff being Geoff !!!
Any advice please
Lots of love to you all , lots of names are new to me so hello 👋
Tracey :x::x::x::x::x:

Lirio345

Good morning @sweetcheeks,

Tracey, my immediate concern is that Geoff could well be dehydrated after four days of watery diarrhoea and so he needs to start something like Diarolyte or a sports drink as soon as possible. Dehydration can quickly make you very poorly so you need to overrule his stubbornness! I have been hospitalised twice for dehydration but have learnt my lesson now!

How about you contact the GP, NHS 111, or his colorectal nurse for advice.

Please let us know how he gets on, Kim :x::x:

sweetcheeks

Hi @Lirio345 , Thankyou , yes I bought the rehydration sachets day one …
He has been gp today two pop samples needed assuming one for fit test … so fingers crossed :x::x::x::x::x: