Moving on from bowel cancer

You can find lots of useful information about life beyond bowel cancer on our website, including our Living well booklet.

jean

What next A stroke

Hi everyone . Well as if bowel cancer wasn’t enough, I was 5 years recovering when I had a stroke , so pile op has to wait. What else can they throw at me, our bodies are stronger than we think . Hope everyone is doing ok :x::x::x:

Lirio345

Oh @jean, I am so very sorry to hear this. I hope your recovery goes well. Take very good care, Kim :x::x:

Liz Blakelands

@jean So very sorry to hear about the stroke. You are allowed to scream, it is not fair. Hope you are soon fully recovered from the stroke and can get on with enjoying life to the full. All the best, Liz :x::x:

Jane39

I am sorry @jean .
Best wishes for your recovery.
Jane :x::x:

jean

Thank you so much @Lirio & @ Liz
Blakelands & @ Jane 39 . It taking ages to get my leg and arm back to working again. Feel ok in myself and have lost more weight than I did with BC . Different way of recovering :x::x:

Forum user

Hi @jean I often think it’s a good job we don’t know what’s around that corner! Love,y you’ve been through the mill and here you are sounding like a fighter! Keep working at your recovery, you’ve come this far and can do this, well done you 👍👏❤️ :x::x::x:

jean

Thank you @Molly2me. I’ve been walking today , they say what doesn’t kill you makes you strong but i want to get back to how I was and it’s disappointing for me when I can’t . I’m not much of a fighter I’m afraid but won’t let these bloody things beat me . It is a good job we don’t know what’s round the corner :x::x:

Liz Blakelands

@jean A friend of mine have a major stroke years ago when she was 52, it took about 18months but she slowly regained everything the stroke had taken. I'm sure if you look back one month you are a lot more mobile than then. It's a steep hill but you will get there. Big hug, Liz :x::x:

jean

Thank you@Liz Blakelands . That’s encouraging you can get everything back . Being with it every day you don’t notice improvements. I’m having the colorectal nurse ringing today. Getting back to where I was thank goodness . :x::x::x: