Moving on from bowel cancer

You can find lots of useful information about life beyond bowel cancer on our website, including our Living well booklet.

dawnramsayrae

God dam pesky polyp

I had my colonoscopy today to check the polyp that was removed off the tricky ileocecal valve was a success as it was unclear at the time . So the polyp has gone but the ileocecal valve itself has some changes so biopsies were taken and a mention of an operation .
So while I wait for the results I’m off on a road trip to France and Italy in my caravan - life is for living and all that

Liz Blakelands

@dawnramsayrae How very annoying, dam that polyp. I think you are doing the best thing possible, go and have a fantastic holiday, so much better than sitting at home worrying. Have a wonderful time. Liz :x::x:

Jane39

@dawnramsayrae
I am sorry for the uncertainties but hopefully it will be a positive outcome.
Enjoy your holiday - its sounds very exciting.
Jane :x::x:

dawnramsayrae

Thank you @Jane39 . I’m trying to squash the anxiety . It’s always the waiting that is the hardest .

dawnramsayrae
Quote from @Liz Blakelands:
@dawnramsayrae How very annoying, dam that polyp. I think you are doing the best thing possible, go and have a fantastic holiday, so much better than sitting at home worrying. Have a wonderful time. Liz

Thanks Liz , I keep going over the various colonoscopy reports and wash up letters from my consultant. Maybe it would of been better to of had the sub total colectomy at the beginning- who knows ?
I am where I am so to speak . First week will be at Lake Annecy then on to Lake Garda . At least I won’t be waiting for the post to arrive each day !

Liz Blakelands

@dawnramsayrae Be kind to yourself, we make decisions based on what we know at the time and no-one knows what the future will be. As you say you are where you are with a lovely holiday very soon. When I had my 2nd anniversary CT scan 3 days before I went on holiday I was so very worried about the results but I truly forgot about it when I was on holiday, got the all clear by phone a few days before my return.

Have a lovely time :x::x: