Just diagnosed

If you've recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer, our website has lots of information to help you understand more and get the support you need.

claresummer

Update on yesterday’s appointment

Just a little update. The appointment was ok. The biopsies came back inconclusive so they have to take more. He is 99.99% certain it is cancer though, some of the lymph nodes are enlarged which makes him believe they have cancer in them. It hasn’t spread to any of my other organs though which is good. I will have to have chemotherapy and radiotherapy to zap the lymph nodes and to shrink the tumour before he can remove it. :x::x:

Tanguera

@claresummer You sound a bit relieved. Whenever there is a blow I find having a treatment plan and some clarity very helpful. Wishing you all the best.:x:

Liz Blakelands

@claresummer Very good news that you don't have spread to other organs. That must have been a huge relief and now you have a plan to kick that tumour into touch. All the best :x::x:

aliturn

Best of luck with your treatment, good news it hasn't spread :x:

Forum user

@claresummer I’m glad your appointment was ok 👍 it’s a lot to take in and you’ve a mixed bag to work on, taking a small step at a time you’ve already got something to start working on this tumour. Thinking if you, take care :x::x::x:

claresummer

Wow thank you that is really useful as there is so much I don’t understand :x::x::x: Thank you :x::x:.

Quote from @Lirio345:
Thank you for the update @claresummer - it is very good news that it hasn’t spread, and at least you can hopefully now begin to get your head around the treatment plan. If you already done so the BCUK publication, linked below, would be a good place to start. Take very good care, Kim

bowelcancerorguk.s3.amazonaws.com/...ons/YourPathway_BowelCancerUK.pdf

Lirio345

You are very welcome @claresummer, it is fairly bewildering at first isn’t it but gradually things will start to make sense - promise! Kim :x::x:

claresummer

Thank you it is really appreciated :x::x: