Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

You can find lots of useful information about bowel cancer treatment on our website. You can also get information and support from our Ask the nurse service.

Rachel56

Pain in lower back

Hi sent home yesterday after having my op on Wednesday and coping okish but because I find it hurts to sleep on my side I am sleeping on my back constantly and have a bit of arthritis in my facet joins which hasn’t caused me any trouble for ages but is now. Previously I used a tens machine to relieve back pain and really helped. Just wondered whether book ok to use on my back now? I realise I should have asked before leaving hospital 🤦‍♀️ but now a Saturday so unlikely to get any sort of answer on this for a couple of days so just asking for experience of this. Right extended hemi (but less extended than they first thought).

Jane39

@Rachel56
Maybe you could call the ward you were on to ask?
Sorry can’t help any further.
Hope your pain settles.
Jane :x:

Liz Blakelands

@Rachel56 Sorry about the back pain, I hope is starting to ease. I remember getting a bit of back pain after my op and with me it was also change of sleeping position and just not moving around so much.
Hope you manage to get some advice soon and you start to feel better :x::x:

Rachel56

Thankyou both. A bit easier this morning. Going to speak to the nurses tomorrow about use of by tens machine.