Stage 4 bowel cancer

You can find information about advanced bowel cancer on our website, including our Treating advanced bowel cancer booklet. You can also join our Living with stage 4 bowel cancer Facebook group.

GD62Z

Reached Five Year Mile Stone in May

Hope forum members are all well? Was diagnosed in May 2017 and given six to nine months to survive, had CRS and HIPEC, mixture of recurrences and NED over the years. Always challenging as treatments and surgery take their toll on our mental and physical health, had retired from NHS but still working part time on bank as a pharmacist, but like most folk we have to put one foot in front of the other, have daily horizons these days and have mixture of good days and bad days. Wishing everyone well as I start June for my sixtieth birthday and start in my sixth year. Love and positive healing to all on our journeys :x:

rosa123

Fantastic news @GD62Z ! Thanks for posting; it really does bring hope to many. I'm hoping to have CRS/HIPEC soon... Can I ask which hospital you had it at and if you have any recommendations? Thanks in advance (no worries if you're sick of cancer stuff tho...) :x:

Marta76

Great news and thank you for sharing. All the best and to mamy more years to come!!!

GD62Z
Quote from @rosa123:
Fantastic news @GD62Z ! Thanks for posting; it really does bring hope to many. I'm hoping to have CRS/HIPEC soon... Can I ask which hospital you had it at and if you have any recommendations? Thanks in advance (no worries if you're sick of cancer stuff tho...)

Christies :x:

charleyb

Amazing news!!! Here’s to many more!! πŸŽ‰πŸ’ͺ

angelj

@GD62Z its great to hear from you with such a great update, wishing you a wonderful 60th birthday and many many more πŸ₯‚ :x::x:

Jane39

@GD62Z Amazing news. Wishing you a great 6th year and 60th birthday month - lots to celebrate !
Take care, Jane :x::x::x:

Leaguefan

These are the positive stories that help people with their anxieties when they first come to the forums I believe, everyone on here has been through the "system" and is here to tell the tales, all different, but showing it is possible to fight this disease and even beat it.
Congratulations on beating your prognosis by a country mile and for it to continue for an exceedingly long time.

kathyS

@GD62Z fantastic that you have powered through until now and looking forward to your 60th year. Here is to many more years ahead. Thanks for sharing your positive story. I am three years diagnosed this July and still here thankful but wary of the road ahead and you give others hope in sharing your journey. πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

El Ivan

Great news @GD62Z :x:

Poppies

It's great news @GD62Z I wish you all the best as you move in to your sixth year. I am sure those daily horizons will be positive ones and as always caring ones towards others. Take care Px

kas52

BravoπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Tanguera

@GD62Z Happy 60th and keep going past the 5th. Ups and downs are unavoidable with our diagnosis. Thanks for giving hope to all of us. πŸ‘

Siona

Fantastic news @GD62Z those are perfect reasons to celebrate :x::x:

1234annie

Whoop! Go Jerry Annie :x:

bowelbehavingbadly

@gd627 welcome to your sixtieth year. Congratulations on getting here. :x::x::x::x:❀️❀️

Titanicgirl

Good to hear! Congratulations! :x::x::x:

MattyB

Well done!! Congratulations, I too have my 60th next week and having a big party to celebrate life and reaching it.. hope you have a wonderful birthday πŸŽ‚ πŸ₯³ πŸŽ‰ 🎈

stevejl

Great news @GD62Z enjoy your 60thB-) & you to @MattyB B-)
Take care
:x::x::x::x:

bexly33

Congratulations @GD62Z. Great news. Enjoy your special day. All the best for the future. πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ°